mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage Analog Output Limits"

Posted on: March 28, 2016 @ 10:17 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

So we have only (4) analog outputs with Montage, (2) main and (2) individual. We need 8 or 16 analog outs. I know we have the USB outs to computer which are digital. Is there a USB HUB device that will receive all channels via a single USB cable and then output them on individual analog channels? Not only do I want to route digitals channels but I also want to route all of the analog channels as well, however I like.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 29, 2016 @ 07:45 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You’re out of luck. The main use of such a large number of outputs is for recording purposes, especially spreading drums across multiple tracks.

It might be possible for someone to come up with an external breakout box that would provide access to all the audio (32 out, 6 in) but it would have to act as a USB host. I doubt such a device will ever exist commercially.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2016 @ 12:04 AM
davlippo7
Joined  10-06-2010

I ordered the Yamaha TF1 mixer and sold my old Tascam. It also has the USB to host capability. Upon reviewing a demo the rep stated that the USB would not only send but also receive all individual channels. At the mark of about 7:50 to 8:20 range (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9G9aU4Y0sU)

This sounds like I can send those Montage channels into the TF1 either directly or with a DAW in-between. Thoughts on this anyone?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 01, 2016 @ 06:28 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

I guess the question is whether or not the USB to host feature requires the Montage to be class compliant. I doubt it can load any drivers…

If I was you I would just wait until summer when the dust clears and some units are at dealers to try.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 02, 2016 @ 10:24 PM
davlippo7
Joined  10-06-2010

I know it won’t work directly to the TF1 unless the TF1 is class compliant. The TF1 does allow 34 input channels over USB so if the DAW will received the Montage channels and then forward them on to the TF1 then I’ll be in business. Why Yamaha does not make their gear directly compatible I don’t know. The Montage and TF should be able to communicate directly especially if the TF already receives USB channels directly.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Where has everybody gone?
Next Topic:

Montage availability in Canada ››