mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem uploading new firmware updates on MOXF"

Posted on: March 24, 2016 @ 01:34 PM
Progger_Man
Total Posts:  113
Joined  01-10-2012

I recently got an MOXF8 and I’m having trouble uploading the latest firmware updates (first with V.1.03). I used to have an MOX8, and it was easy.

For this one, I downloaded, upzipped, and copied the file onto a USB flash drive. Upon, inserting it onto the MOXF, I pressed File, F3 (Load)and the file is located, but I don’t see the 8L26OS_.PGM inside it. Also, I don’t get the option of SF3 (Excute) option.

Would appreciate someone’s assistance with this matter.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2016 @ 01:47 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Progger_Man - 24 March 2016 01:34 PM

I recently got an MOXF8 and I’m having trouble uploading the latest firmware updates (first with V.1.03). I used to have an MOX8, and it was easy.

For this one, I downloaded, upzipped, and copied the file onto a USB flash drive. Upon, inserting it onto the MOXF, I pressed File, F3 (Load)and the file is located, but I don’t see the 8L26OS_.PGM inside it. Also, I don’t get the option of SF3 (Excute) option.

Would appreciate someone’s assistance with this matter.

The latest version is V1.11, hopefully you have downloaded that.

The .PGM file should be in the root directory of the USB drive.  When you say “but I don’t see the 8L26OS_.PGM inside it”...that implies you have placed a folder containing the file on the USB drive.  There should not be a folder...put the .PGM file directly onto the USB drive, without any folder containing it.

As per the README instructions, be sure to SAVE any USER data to USB before updating.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2016 @ 02:36 PM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

Being that it’s on the factory firmware, I thought I first had to upload the v1.03 then the v1.11…

Yes, the PGM file is in a folder. I’ll save it without one.

No user data, so no worries there. Thank you very much for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2016 @ 02:38 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Progger_Man - 24 March 2016 02:36 PM

Being that it’s on the factory firmware, I thought I first had to upload the v1.03 then the v1.11…

No, that is not required.  Go directly to the latest firmware version.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2016 @ 02:42 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Progger_Man - 24 March 2016 01:34 PM

I recently got an MOXF8 and I’m having trouble uploading the latest firmware updates (first with V.1.03).

As cmayhle ponted out, the most recent MOXF OS version is 1.11. No matter what the currently installed version, you can directly update to that one.

Progger_Man -

I used to have an MOX8, and it was easy.

It’s also easy with an MOXF, but what you’re doing isn’t the correct procedure.

As cmayhle noted, the OS update file should copied to the root of the USB, not in a folder. In addition, the MOXF won’t see a .PGM file in a directory listing.

If you follow the procedure given in the Readme file that comes with the OS download, you should have no problem with completing the update. Although the instructions say otherwise, there shouldn’t be a problem if other files are on the USB drive, as long as the .PGM one is not in a folder, and no other .PGM files are there.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 25, 2016 @ 02:40 PM
Progger_Man
Joined  01-10-2012

Now, it worked. Thanks guys for your help…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Keyboard driving me insane!
Next Topic:

Learning to really use a MOX ››