mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Adding more Synthesis models to Montage (Why not officially announced) ?"

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 02:55 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

Hi,

On the topic of adding additional Synthesis Models to the Montage in the future.

I think Yamaha should announce that additional Synthesis Engines are going to be added to the currently implemented AWM2 and FMX engines in the future, via firmware updates. (This would make the Montage even more attractive to many potential buyers).

Not officially announcing this very attractive, and important detail is kind of odd, especially if it is something they have planned for, and is possible to be done via a firmware update.

So, I wonder why they have not announced this so far, and kept us guessing, and with the impression that the Montage is only able to offer (AWM2 and FMX) ?
Could it be that it is not possible to add any additional Synthesis Models to the Montage in the future ?

What do you thinks about this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 03:31 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

“I wonder why they have not announced this so far”

In other words, you are wondering why they have not announced something that has not been officially confirmed by anyone.

Pretty much your entire post assumes that this capability exists. Where did you get the idea from? Yes, I know about the TG diagram. I spotted those four dots myself. Don’t you think that it’s hardly enough to assume “it is something they have planned for, and is possible to be done via a firmware update”? We don’t know ANY of that.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 04:07 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
Jote - 23 March 2016 03:31 PM

“I wonder why they have not announced this so far”

In other words, you are wondering why they have not announced something that has not been officially confirmed by anyone.

Pretty much your entire post assumes that this capability exists. Where did you get the idea from? Yes, I know about the TG diagram. I spotted those four dots myself. Don’t you think that it’s hardly enough to assume “it is something they have planned for, and is possible to be done via a firmware update”? We don’t know ANY of that.

I think you missed the whole point I’m trying to make.

If Yamaha can add more Synthesis Models to the Montage via Firmware Updates in the future. Why do they not just plainly say that this is possible, and will be happening in the future ?  It is in their benefit to do so, since investing into the Montage will mean that it will gain more power, and flexibility as it matures. Which can only be good for Yamaha to sell more Montages.

That’s basically the point, and keeping it a secret, or not even mentioning this capability is imho. a bit odd.  Unless it is technically impossible to add new forms of Synthesis to the Montage, which is what I hope is not the case.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 04:27 PM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009

In 3 to 5 years the next Montage model should have a 3rd synthesis engine..

With yamaha still using low end processors ( compared to high end phones, tables and computers). The chance is huge that there are no more resources left to add anothe rsynthesis model…

Its time, someone builds a high end synth/workstation with a high end cpu..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 07:33 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

I think what has to be added are additional hardware circuitry such as they did with the AN board in the Motif/ES. Physically having to add that hardware and not just updating the OS. Maybe the Montage will be expanded with additional engines OR maybe there will be a Super EX5 one day with AN, VL, FDSP, AWM2 with the same motion control abilities. Typically Yamaha has never combined the AN and FM engines under one hood (with the exception of being able to add the PLGs AN/DX to the Motif/ES which might not have been fully integrated but certainly nothing on the order of an AN1x/FMX combined).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 08:15 PM
muziksculp
Joined  08-13-2002
lordbachus - 23 March 2016 04:27 PM

In 3 to 5 years the next Montage model should have a 3rd synthesis engine..

With yamaha still using low end processors ( compared to high end phones, tables and computers). The chance is huge that there are no more resources left to add anothe rsynthesis model…

Its time, someone builds a high end synth/workstation with a high end cpu..

My understanding is that the Montage uses a new, and very capable processor. Not sure you can label it as a low end processor.

Hopefully Yamaha will let us know pretty soon if the Montage can be updated to offer more Synthesis models in the future. Otherwise, we are just speculating, and guessing. That’s another reason I posted this topic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 23, 2016 @ 09:11 PM
djuice
Total Posts:  125
Joined  04-06-2011

I miss eg. the YC-3B organ engine from Montage! The Motif series PCM organs were weak too, however the PSR or Tyros arranger line or other (Roland VK, Korg CX3) models. :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 24, 2016 @ 02:29 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Ok, then the answer is simple: if there indeed is a technical possibility but Yamaha is not announcing it yet then they have not yet decided if they are going to deliver any additional TGs or not.

With that being said, if Yamaha announced an upcoming AN1x engine update that would put me on the Montage pre-order list immediately.

[ Ignore ]