mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "why should it be impossible to make a Montage rack"

Posted on: March 19, 2016 @ 02:38 PM
stevearton
Total Posts:  5
Joined  03-19-2016

why should it be impossible to make a Montage rack? After all, the XS Rack has the arpeggios. Mostly what a user is interested in is the 5GB sounds.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 19, 2016 @ 06:17 PM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

From the technical point of view, it is totally possible to make a rack version of the Montage. The only reasons not to make rack modules are those related to business and profit. Synth modules simply don’t sell well enough to make them profitable. User’s preferences and needs do not matter; only money does. It’s as simple as this.

I also like synth modules and I used to have lots of them, although currently I only own a Roland Integra-7, because the offer of current models is very limited, and companies “force” you to purchase the keyboard models, even when you don’t need the keyboard at all (because I’m using a high quality weighted 88-key controller).

I used to have a Motif Rack XS and I had been waiting during several years for a rack version of the XF (because a Yamaha always released a rack version of all the previous Motif models, and they only had to add the new XF waveforms and a slot or two for the flash cards), but when it was obvious that it wouldn’t ever be released, I sold the XS rack and bought a MOXF (for the synth engine, the new waveforms and the flash card), so I have a keyboard that I don’t need and don’t use, and which takes a space that I would prefer using for other purposes. At least Roland released the Integra (I sold my Fantom XR with all the expansion slots populated in order to buy it).

[ Ignore ]