mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Transferring music files from email to USB"

Posted on: March 10, 2016 @ 05:25 PM
robertmotion
Total Posts:  6
Joined  02-21-2009

PLEASE HELP. I have my music saved in an email from 2008 that i am having a hard time pulling up in my motif es 8.  The usb has already been formatted via the motif, but i do not see the files anywhere on usb when i insert into motif.  These files are really important (10 years worth of music) and i know the file is not corrupt or damaged,so what am i doing wrong.  My email is not giving me the option to “save as”.  I also tried downloading files to my lg g stylo and then transferring from there to usb via pc, still no luck. What am i doing wrong.  Please help. 

The file extension is .w8p and .w7p

Brooklyn, NY

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2016 @ 07:55 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

You wrote

The usb has already been formatted via the motif, but i do not see the files anywhere on usb when i insert into motif.

You do remember that the ES is context sensitive and only lets you load files that are appropriate to the mode you are currently in. You should be in pattern mode. What are the exact file names?

You wrote

i know the file is not corrupt or damaged

Actually you don’t, but let’s hope they are OK. It’s always best to ZIP binary files before you attach them, too late now…

Then you wrote

My email is not giving me the option to “save as”.

It’s hard to help when it’s not clear what’s actually going on. You have the files on the USB already yet you can’t get them out of the email? Good trick!

Save the attachments with whatever name your email insists on using and then just rename them, including the extension. What name is email trying to use?

The actual name of the file doesn’t matter to the ES as long as the extensions are right.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice switch
Next Topic:

Using ES as slave, Master Mode and programming ››