mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Changed User Patches"

Posted on: March 10, 2016 @ 01:51 PM
djogwiz@gmail.com
Total Posts:  4
Joined  03-10-2016

Greetings All, 1st time using the XS Editor. I was very excited and performed a sync. Now all of my 300+ user patches have been changed. Pleeeeease tell me there is hope I can restore them.

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2016 @ 04:16 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Unless you backed them up, anything you created from scratch is gone.

User voices you loaded from libraries can be restored by reloading those libraries.

Always do a Save All before you start modifying or overwriting voices with the editor.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 10, 2016 @ 04:54 PM
djogwiz@gmail.com
Joined  03-10-2016

Thanks for the reply. I never loaded new sounds. I just synchronized based on confirming my usb connection. I did not create any new sounds. Does the Editor take a snap shot of your settings automatically or am I up the creek without my patches?

Thanks,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 01:14 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
djogwiz@gmail.com - 10 March 2016 04:54 PM

I never loaded new sounds. I just synchronized based on confirming my usb connection.

Explain that please.

Are you using the VST editor?

If you never edited any voices then synchronizing in either directions should have done nothing at all to the user banks.

Synching does one of two things:

1. If you synch the DAW to the XS, the editor user banks are overwritten with whatever is in the user banks inside the XS.

2. If you synch the XS to the DAW, the XS user banks are overwritten with whatever is in the user banks inside the editor.

So in in either case you can overwrite voices unless both the editor and the XS user banks are identical.

So which voice banks did you lose that you want to recover?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 01:35 PM
djogwiz@gmail.com
Joined  03-10-2016

Thanks for your patients. I used the VST Editor. The flow was going from PC to Motif XS. After syncing I was looking for the user patches I had and all of them matched what was in the Editor. They were not the same ones I had before synchronizing.  I thought I might get a message or a warning before something like this could happen. I guess that is what I get for being a Newbie.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 02:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djogwiz@gmail.com - 11 March 2016 01:35 PM

[...] I used the VST Editor. The flow was going from PC to Motif XS. After syncing I was looking for the user patches I had and all of them matched what was in the Editor. They were not the same ones I had before synchronizing.  I thought I might get a message or a warning before something like this could happen.

Unfortunately, there is no warning, and with the flow in that direction the default data in the Editor will overwrite that in the Motif.

Do you have a rack model or a keyboard model, or both? Your member profile indicates both models, and it’s a bit unclear from your posts what you have. Which Editor are you using, the Motif XS or the Motif Rack XS one?

If you’d like to restore the User content to as when the Motif was new, you can do a factory reset. If a Rack XS, see page 48 of its Owner’s Manual. If a keyboard XS, see page 22 of its manual. Be sure to read all the precautions.

If a reset doesn’t restore what you previously had, then someone might have loaded something to your Motif before you got it. If you can remember some names of the Voices, etc., we might be able to determine what that was.

djogwiz@gmail.com -

I guess that is what I get for being a Newbie.

Everyone is entitled to make some mistakes at first. Perhaps some of the above will help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 02:50 PM
djogwiz@gmail.com
Joined  03-10-2016

I have the Motif XS Rack. The Patches were loaded by the previous owner.

Gratitude to All for your Help in this matter.

OGB

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 11, 2016 @ 03:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
djogwiz@gmail.com - 11 March 2016 02:50 PM

I have the Motif XS Rack. The Patches were loaded by the previous owner.[...]

If the previous owner can’t help, if you can identify any of the “patches” (which, by the way, isn’t the term Yamaha uses for the purpose), it might be that they’re from a library that’s available. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Triggering arperggios
Next Topic:

Auditioning Multi List Question ››