mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using Yamaha Studio Manager"

Posted on: March 02, 2016 @ 10:50 PM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

I revisited my Yamaha Studio Mgr and did some voice data dumps from the Motif to the Manager software, using USB connection.
All worked, everything communicating as should with latest drivers, firmware, and software.
Voice data dumps work, but dumping “Performance” doesn’t. The manager software just “times out”. I need reminding; Does Yamaha Studio Manager when synced to a Motif ES8 only work for voices?
Has anyone had success dumping “Performances” to Yamaha Studio Manager? TIA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2016 @ 02:11 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
tonyggg - 02 March 2016 10:50 PM

I need reminding; Does Yamaha Studio Manager when synced to a Motif ES8 only work for voices?

It depends on the Editor it is running. There are two from Yamaha, neither support Performance Mode, they are:
Voice editor
Multi Part editor.
John Melas has editors that would do what you wish.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 03, 2016 @ 10:30 AM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

Thanks Stone, you helped me out the other day as well, I just needed to hear from someone else to confirm that Performance isn’t accepted. That said, I have been using MidiQuest editor/librarian software for decades (I have been at this a long time), but I don’t have the plug-in for ES8.
No big deal, I did a complete system backup to the SD Card, also installed.
Thanks again.
If you want to hear some recent music, most of it produced using the Motif, I invite you to visit my YouTube channel.
Tony G - YouTube

You can see pictures of the Motif in the main work station area of my studio here:
A Flat Minor Productions

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 04, 2016 @ 12:04 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

Hi Tony, You’re welcome and thank you for the links. I totally enjoyed the website, nice studio, very neat and well equipped for producing some cool tunes which you certainly have done. Nice work.  Interesting name for your prior band btw.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using Motif ES and Korg Kronos together
Next Topic:

Voice switch ››