mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Copying Voice w/effects to Performance Mode"

Posted on: February 23, 2016 @ 03:13 PM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

Much has been written about copying voices to performance mode and why effects are lost when first copied. Yamaha has a tutorial available as well, explaining how to copy the effects and I have searched forums as well, not achieving full success.
I know about the"job" of copying arpeggios and effects, but the end result always seems to be just shy of what the original voice had. Things like “echo” settings just don’t seem to translate.
I am beginning to think that its impossible to copy a voice “exactly” as it was, effects included, to a new destination in performance mode.
What am I doing wrong? TIA

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2016 @ 12:50 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
tonyggg - 23 February 2016 03:13 PM

I am beginning to think that its impossible to copy a voice “exactly” as it was, effects included, to a new destination in performance mode.
What am I doing wrong? TIA

Not much, you’re nearly there. Assuming your Insert Switch is on for that particular part, compare the send levels of the System Effects as seen in Voice mode. While Job/Copy will replicate the System Effects of the Voice in Performance Mode, the send levels must be set for each part of the performance, as desired.
I snap a pic with my phone when comparing screens, if need be. It’s quicker than my old school pencil.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 24, 2016 @ 10:47 AM
tonyggg
Total Posts:  43
Joined  11-15-2009

Thank you Stone. Didn’t think of the send levels, assuming they were copied as well. I now know what to do!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2016 @ 12:32 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

You’re welcome Tony, glad to have helped.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mr crowley
Next Topic:

Motif ES sysex format question ››