mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Mr crowley"

Posted on: February 21, 2016 @ 01:00 PM
flnick
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-17-2009

Can anybody tell me how to make the synth sweep for for mr Crowley intro using my motif Es8,thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 25, 2016 @ 01:28 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
flnick - 21 February 2016 01:00 PM

Can anybody tell me how to make the synth sweep for for mr Crowley intro using my motif Es8,thanks

Hi flnick, I gave this a quick listen last night, it’s been a while, way cool sounding tune. I like the synth pad in the intro. I gather you would play the body of the intro on the ES and add the sweep?  The reason I’ve asked is that I envision playing the intro and then triggering the sweeps with perhaps some keys at one end of the board that wouldn’t be used, dependent of course on what Mode you’re playing in. To attain pitch sweeps you can achieve this with the PEG (pitch envelope generator).

Example Voice, Mini-Three: Enter element edit mode and mute elements 2 and 3. Press Pitch and then PEG.
Set:
Hold time and level, both to zero.
Attack time 0, level +127
DCV1 time 82, level -128
DCV2 time 82, level -128

This will give you an example of a pitch sweep. The range of sweep is adjusted with the levels, the pitch of the voice by tuning for the desired key range. I don’t recall if the filter was swept as well, it was late and I hit it from youtube, although the audio wasn’t as bad as it usually is. I’d probably create the voice and limit it to a small range(2 keys?), likely at the lower end of the board.

Let us know if this is viable, if not we’ll address it.

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES8 USB Driver w/ Windows 10
Next Topic:

Copying Voice w/effects to Performance Mode ››