mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif ES8 USB Driver w/ Windows 10"

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 01:14 AM
cleedev
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-06-2004

Has anyone ran into this problem with Win10? When plugging a Motif ES into a USB port the driver does not install correctly.

Worked great under Win 7, this was one thing I didn’t check before I upgraded to Win 10 unfortunately…

I get = Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

I have tried:

- Disabling Driver Signing
- Reinstalled the Yamaha-USB MIDI driver v. 3.1.4
- Confirmed the Motif is plugged into a USB 2.0 port

Short of checking the BIOS version or BIOS settings I have tried everything I can find on how to fix.

Have a Yamaha DM1000, still works great after the upgrade.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 01:33 PM
cleedev
Total Posts:  12
Joined  02-06-2004

I solved the problem, tried a shorter USB cable. I have a really long USB cable as the Motif is on the opposite side of the room from my PC. So I tried a shorter cable and viola, Motif ES shows up in the Device Manager with no problem.

Interestingly I can plug the same long cable into my Monitor or Keyboard USB ports and it works fine too, just not out of one of my PC USB ports. So having an intermediary hub in between gives it just enough boost I would guess.

Strangely, it worked fine under Windows 7, only when I went to Win 10 did I have this issue… Glad it was something simple…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 05:25 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

cleedev - 19 February 2016 01:33 PM

I solved the problem, tried a shorter USB cable. I have a really long USB cable as the Motif is on the opposite side of the room from my PC. So I tried a shorter cable and viola, Motif ES shows up in the Device Manager with no problem.

Interestingly I can plug the same long cable into my Monitor or Keyboard USB ports and it works fine too, just not out of one of my PC USB ports. So having an intermediary hub in between gives it just enough boost I would guess.

Strangely, it worked fine under Windows 7, only when I went to Win 10 did I have this issue… Glad it was something simple…

Motif ES has USB 1.1. Also, it requires more power on USB, that’s why longer cable couldn’t transmit signal correctly.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mandolin for ES
Next Topic:

Mr crowley ››