mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Activating / Deactivating Real time audio export in Cubase AI5"

Posted on: February 13, 2016 @ 06:19 AM
lovemotif
Total Posts:  56
Joined  01-11-2012

Dear All,

I use Yamaha Mox 6 and the bundled Cubase AI5. Win7 ultimate 32 bit.
No other gear.

Plz help me with this. I need to export my audio tracks in quick time, not in real time I.e. I do not want to wait for the entire length of the song while exporting audio mixdown. In Cubase LE6, there is box to check and uncheck to enable or to disable quick export in the export window, but not in Cubase AI5.

So plz suggest, if there is a way to Activate or Deactivate Quick time export of audio mixdown either in the menu or in the project settings of Cubase AI5.
Plz help :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2016 @ 02:13 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

AFAIK, the answer to your question is no.

Also AI5 is meant only as a free, introductory version of Cubase and does not have many of the features of the commercial versions. If you want additional features you will have to pay for them. Finally AI5 is basically obsolete now...the current version is AI8. So it might be time to consider some upgrades if your current version isn’t providing features you require.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 16, 2016 @ 03:49 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Hi there

If what you want to do is to record your MOX’s sounds, then I’m afraid that it won’t matter which version of Cubase (or any other DAW) you’re using. As soon as you get external gear involved, synths or outboard f/x, you’ll have to wait for it to do its thing. ;-)

Pretty obvious why, if you think about it, your MOX is playing in real time and its effects are also applied in real time.

Once your tracks are imported to Cubase, you can of course do the quick export to apply VST f/x etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2016 @ 12:36 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Based on the phrasing of the question, the OP was not inquiring about recording synth audio tracks into Cubase. The question concerned “export” options available for tracks already recorded. At least that’s how I interpreted the post.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2016 @ 01:09 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014
frankE - 17 February 2016 12:36 PM

Based on the phrasing of the question, the OP was not inquiring about recording synth audio tracks into Cubase. The question concerned “export” options available for tracks already recorded. At least that’s how I interpreted the post.

Only the OP can answer for certain, but the ‘export audio mixdown’ dialog box has a real time option.

One day we may find out who interpreted it correctly.  ;-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 17, 2016 @ 06:33 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002
zpink - 17 February 2016 01:09 PM

Only the OP can answer for certain, but the ‘export audio mixdown’ dialog box has a real time option.

One day we may find out who interpreted it correctly.  ;-)

I am familiar with the Export options. :) But there are indeed different ways of interpreting what ‘real time’ means/does or even what ‘exporting audio files’ means (in Cubase..in the synth etc.?) So there’s no right or wrong answer here. Based on the ambiguity of the post...there are just different interpretations of intent. In any case, the question was asked if real time export is available in AI5, so that’s what my first post addressed, not what is possible with real time export when it is available. :) Hope you agree. Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 10:42 AM
lovemotif
Joined  01-11-2012

Yes, this is what I meant.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 10:46 AM
lovemotif
Joined  01-11-2012
frankE - 16 February 2016 02:13 PM

AFAIK, the answer to your question is no.

Also AI5 is meant only as a free, introductory version of Cubase and does not have many of the features of the commercial versions. If you want additional features you will have to pay for them. Finally AI5 is basically obsolete now...the current version is AI8. So it might be time to consider some upgrades if your current version isn’t providing features you require.

But I still remember my first “export audio mixdown”. It happened in quick time. It never happened again after opening a cubase AI5 project which I brought from my friend’s home studio. So I thought its something that could be changed in the settings..?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 10:55 AM
lovemotif
Joined  01-11-2012
zpink - 17 February 2016 01:09 PM

frankE’s interpretation of my question is correct. I am concerned about exporting the recorded tracks ‘audio’ in quick time.

And Zpink, you said that “the ‘export audio mixdown’ dialog box has a real time option”....

But there is no such option in the dialog box of Cubase AI5. So my question was, if there is such option, is there a way to access that option anywhere in the project settings or anywhere within cubase, even if its not shown in the dialog box?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 01:14 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

lovemotif,

I just took a look at the manuals for AI5, 6 and 7. AI5 only supports real time export. AI6 and 7 (and likely 8) default to non-real-time and have a checkbox in the dialog to choose real time. So basically you are out of luck with AI5.

But there is possible good news here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 19, 2016 @ 08:32 PM
frankE
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi again,
As mentioned above the answer to your question is “no”, and there is no way to add that feature in Cubase if it’s not there already. Not sure why you feel you would have been able to do it before with another project in AI5. Also, as mentioned, AI5 is now obsolete and basically unsupported, so you may wish to look at upgrade options. Make sure any upgrade has ALL the features you want before buying. AI remains an introductory and very light version. Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 20, 2016 @ 05:00 AM
lovemotif
Joined  01-11-2012

frankE

I’ll take your advice to check for all the features that will be available in the newer versions. Thanks for your time and patience in clarifying my doubts. Have a good day :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Scrip files
Next Topic:

I need to insert an effect to a single midi track ››