mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Trying to make MOXF6 ‘sweetness MW - AS2’ voice sound as good as my MM8 ‘sweetness’ voice"

Posted on: February 06, 2016 @ 10:59 PM
teletype10
Total Posts:  1
Joined  02-06-2016

Hi gang… I’m a new member and first time poster, but happily own a half dozen Yamaha keyboards...until today. (currently using MM6 & MM8 on stage.

My MM8 has a BEAUTIFUL Rhodes sound called ‘sweetness’. I use it a lot. And I bought an MOXF6 to see if it was time to move up to the MOXF6 & MOXF8, assuming that voice would be there. The MOXF calls it ‘sweetness MW + AS2’, and it’s very disappointing (unusable) It’s very muddy and nasily, and when played a bit more aggresively it sounds harsh. It’s gonna be a deal-breaker on the MOXF series if that’s the best it can do, despite the other great features.

Can the MM8 voice be copied over to the MOXF6/8? I’m guessing more experienced minds than mine could edit the many variables, but that’s beyond me. In my search for buying more voices, I can’t see where they actually list the individual voices in a package.

Thanks in advance for any help! I’d like to make this keyboard work for me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 07, 2016 @ 12:47 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum, teletype10.

I don’t have either an MM or MOXF. I have a Motif XS and an XF, and “Sweetness MW+AS2” is Voice PRE1 B17 on both, as it is on the MOXF. I don’t have the complaints that you do with the Voice, but I’m not sure if you’re having a problem or the difference is just a matter of personal taste.

In the MM, “Sweetness” is Voice 16. That Voice is also found in the Motif ES as PRE1 37 C05.

Voices that are “translated” from one model to another sometimes sound different because the two models don’t have the exact same Waveforms. That alone might explain why “Sweetness” and “Sweetness MW+AS2” don’t sound the same.

You could try loading the “Sweetness” Voice from the ES Pre123+Dr1-32.n3.X3V file (zipped) here:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/473177/P15/
It’s #37 in the USER1 Bank. However, it’s similar to “Sweetness MW+AS2” in the MOXF, and since it will use the same MOXF Waveforms, will probably sound almost the same.

It’s likely that “Sweetness MW+AS2” could be changed to your satisfaction, since there are numerous Parameters that can be edited, including the choice of Waveforms other than the ones used by the Preset Voice.

Just in case ...
Is your MOXF6 new, or a used unit?
Have you listened with headphones as well as speakers?
Can you attach a short MP3 so we can hear what you’re hearing?

[ Ignore ]