mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No User Arps On Montage"

Posted on: February 05, 2016 @ 01:42 AM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

Bad_Mister says that you cannot create user arps on a Montage:

I do not know if there will be an application to create your own arpeggios. I can tell you that it NOT built-into the Montage itself. There is no PUT TRACK TO ARP function. ... that is not available. You can load Motif-series arpeggios, as far as I know.

if I get a Montage, maybe I should keep my XF…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2016 @ 03:12 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009

There is only room for 256 user arps in memmory..

Tough, i believe there is unlimmited number of arps you can eccess directly from USB stick and use in your performances.

Personallly i think having PC programs for creating stuff like this might be the way of the future, a big PC screen is so much more userfriendly then the small Motif/Montage screen.  So as long as Yamaha gives us a tool to create our own arps, i am okay with it. 

Lets hope there are enough options available to edit excisting arps in the montage itself on an easy way..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 18, 2016 @ 11:40 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
lordbachus - 18 February 2016 03:12 AM

So as long as Yamaha gives us a tool to create our own arps, i am okay with it.

Yamaha has never given us such a tool. I bought the ARP Manager when I had my ES, it was promised that it would be ported to XS/XF but that never happened.

User ARPs have always been too clumsy to use in my opinion. The only Motif feature that was more frustrating to work with was PLG boards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 21, 2016 @ 11:01 AM
lordbachus
Total Posts:  85
Joined  08-28-2009
meatballfulton - 18 February 2016 11:40 AM
lordbachus - 18 February 2016 03:12 AM

So as long as Yamaha gives us a tool to create our own arps, i am okay with it.

Yamaha has never given us such a tool. I bought the ARP Manager when I had my ES, it was promised that it would be ported to XS/XF but that never happened.

User ARPs have always been too clumsy to use in my opinion. The only Motif feature that was more frustrating to work with was PLG boards.

They never gave us that tool, because in previous instruments you had all the tools for creating arps inside the instrument..

The same happenend in recent years to the Yamaha tyros range. Many of the edditing tools got removed from the earlier tyros instruments, and now you can use PC programs for the indepth editing features. Indepth edditing and creation just works better with a huge screen and a mouse..

So, i asume we will be using a PC much much more in the future, maybe even ipad apps, for edditing and creation..the montage touch screen is just to small for advanced edditing..

Just look at the kronos, and you will know why edditing does not work effeciently on an 8” or smaller touchscreen.. 

I think you will be surprised how many tools we will see for montage in the next year, some created by Yamaha (the essential ones) but also many more innovative tools created by the community..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 22, 2016 @ 02:00 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

How practical is it to scroll through 10,000 arps searching for the one you need/want? So you can’t tweak stock arps and save them into a user location?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Sound Quality: Montage vs. Motif XF?
Next Topic:

Rest In Peace My Brother ››