mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why almost everybody complains about new Montage???? Didn’t you want a new motif replacement ??"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 08:25 PM
K-Player
Total Posts:  13
Joined  10-10-2015
davlippo7 - 29 January 2016 02:05 PM

I’ve been repairing Yamaha gear for many years.

OK, sorry for my input, I do not want to hijack this thread, I’m just wondering if you had any info regarding my D/A related question I posted here:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/476636/

I hope that I’m not breaking any forum rules with this post.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 10:34 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014
5pinDIN - 29 January 2016 07:13 PM
dsetto - 29 January 2016 07:00 PM

Should we ask that Montage get a room?[...]

I, for one, would like to see a separate forum for the Montage, since XF related threads are getting rapidly buried.

Before the NAMM show, it wasn’t a certainty that the Montage existed, or what it was. Now that we know more, it’s obvious that it isn’t a Motif, so the question is whether such a forum belongs on Motifator. If Keyfax does want to support the Montage here, then a dedicated place for it would seem the right thing to do.

just a quick note, to say thank you 5pinDIN for all your posts here and in other threads.
and that I say 100%, there needs to be a new separate sub-forum for the Montage, unless a completely separate new entire forum for it is started.

(sorry if my grammar isn’t up to par there. I am tired.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 11:55 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
chasmanian - 29 January 2016 10:34 PM

I, for one, would like to see a separate forum for the Montage, since XF related threads are getting rapidly buried.

Before the NAMM show, it wasn’t a certainty that the Montage existed, or what it was. Now that we know more, it’s obvious that it isn’t a Motif, so the question is whether such a forum belongs on Motifator. If Keyfax does want to support the Montage here, then a dedicated place for it would seem the right thing to do.

just a quick note, to say thank you 5pinDIN for all your posts here and in other threads.

Thanks for the kind words, chasmanian.

chasmanian -

and that I say 100%, there needs to be a new separate sub-forum for the Montage, unless a completely separate new entire forum for it is started.

Hopefully MrMotif or someone else from Keyfax will see this and consider the request.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 01:47 AM
selfymart
Total Posts:  52
Joined  03-30-2014
misiek1981 - 29 January 2016 01:19 AM

I have been checking this forum for quiet few years. Everybody on this forum wanted to see XF replacement or Kronos killer since last year. In 2016 Yamaha came out with Montage which I think is great and powerful synth. It sounds really good and gives a lot of sound power. I was surprised after the announcement, because people who couldn’t wait for new yamaha synth and wanted to replace their XF changed their mind. Isn’t this funny?? Humans thing. (Always want what they don’t have, once they get it, they change their mind :) )I don’t understand how people can say that Kronos sounds 10 times better. I have played Kronos and I can tell one think: the sound is dry and there is no warm tunes. Very unpleasant instrument to play with. Even if kronos could have 1TB SSD of sound library it would never sound as good and warm as yamaha. Sorry Kronos! The touch screen interface is dull. You need to be an IT guy to work with the screen on this workstation not a musician. Nothing is organized and takes time to figure out where everything belongs. Is this the way synth suppose to be operated? I used to own XF. It was a great instrument. I believe Montage will bring new idea to music production and I will definitely get one.
(Please excuse my language, I have tried my best )

PLEASE STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT MONTAGE AND OPEN YOUR EYE !!!

I really think when montage hits the local stores, people will fall in love with it. Even the people complaining now may consider buying one. Making music is changing with new technology and yamaha has responded.
But there will tantrum crying vomiting kicking until we touch one montage! Just human psychology. If you are into music making and looking for inspiration, montage is the way to go. You can choose to keep your motif but you can probably rent it for a weekend secretly. No one will notice it :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 03:04 AM
bevburn
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-18-2012

I must say I understand the opinions about the montage from both sides of the “motion control wheel”.

Listening to its sounds from the youtube videos I can appreciate the raw quality and quality of expression coming from the machine. I do believe that some of the most values parameters of the motif has been omitted causing there to be a lack of appreciation for the new qualities that possibly simply could have been added to the so successful motif series.

Imaging someone making a phone or tablet today and deciding to take out the touch screen feature saying that you can have that same capability in your smart watch.

I take similar issue with the newest phones from one of my favorite android company who has somehow smartly chosen to disregard qualities on their phone that made them more popular. Such things as being able to remove or upgrade your battery and even worse the ability to add sd cards of your choice to upgrade memory.

I plan to sit on my old phone until the next generation comes out next release including back these features and i wont be surprised if the sale of the units are not what they could have been had they used their heads!

I feel the same has happened with the montage and do feel disappointed that it has not fully continued in the full workstation cat!

Well I guess the manufacturer needs not answer to any one in creating a product…

The future will tell.....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 09:51 AM
BrianH
Total Posts:  25
Joined  04-03-2009

I can find nothing to complain about. I think montage looks great for performance and I think it will be great when connected to a DAW.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 12:07 PM
chasmanian
Joined  01-27-2014
5pinDIN - 29 January 2016 11:55 PM
chasmanian - 29 January 2016 10:34 PM

Thanks for the kind words, chasmanian.

chasmanian -

Hopefully MrMotif or someone else from Keyfax will see this and consider the request.

Hey 5pinDIN,
You’re very welcome.
In my fatigue, I failed to specifically, and directly thank you very much, for your intelligence, grace and generosity.
I mean this very sincerely.
Thank you indeed for having the clear headedness, to identify the problem taking place here, which is that the Motif XF forum is getting buried by all the hullabaloo and uproar, over the Montage.
And yes, hopefully MrMotif or someone from Keyfax, will do something to remedy the problem.
Peace out 5pinDIN.
You are a fine person.
Charlie

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 04:15 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011
chasmanian - 30 January 2016 12:07 PM

Hey 5pinDIN,
You’re very welcome.
In my fatigue, I failed to specifically, and directly thank you very much, for your intelligence, grace and generosity.
Peace out 5pinDIN.
You are a fine person.
Charlie

Definitely. 5pinDIN has helped me more times than I can count. I would never have achieved my current level of skill with the XF without his help.

Motifator lists me as a “Guru,” apparently based on the number of posts I’ve made over the years. It lists 5pinDIN the same way. This is embarrassing and wrong, because most of my posts have been questions, and most of his have been helpful answers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 04:54 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I’ll second (third? fourth?) the praise for 5pinDIN!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 05:34 PM
Raven80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  11-26-2014

Motifator?
Montagator?
5pinDINator!

A question related to the Montage:
Am I right that the 8 knobs (probably also the Super knob)
are endless knobs?
(So in the hardware there is no start and end as for the Motif.)

Since they have LED circles and remember all the positions when switching the modes, only endless knobs would make sense in my opinion.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 05:46 PM
Michael Trigoboff
Total Posts:  647
Joined  09-05-2011

They are definitely endless knobs. I heard a Yamaha rep say so in a video I saw recently.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 06:12 PM
Raven80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  11-26-2014

Thank you!

Well on the one hand I’m really excited regarding the Montage,
on the other hand I haven’t taken a decision yet.
I mean the Motif XF has so many functions/features I haven’t used,
it would be somehow a pity to replace it by the Montage.
It’s like living in a 10 room house but only using 3 rooms,
but planing to move to another house.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 06:43 PM
chasmanian
Joined  01-27-2014
Michael Trigoboff - 30 January 2016 04:15 PM
chasmanian - 30 January 2016 12:07 PM

Hey 5pinDIN,
You’re very welcome.
Peace out 5pinDIN.
You are a fine person.
Charlie

Definitely. 5pinDIN has helped me more times than I can count. I would never have achieved my current level of skill with the XF without his help.

Motifator lists me as a “Guru,” apparently based on the number of posts I’ve made over the years. It lists 5pinDIN the same way. This is embarrassing and wrong, because most of my posts have been questions, and most of his have been helpful answers.

right on Michael.
and it’s all gratis.
for the sole purpose of helping people.
generous maximus.
5pinDIN has brought a lot of joy to a lot of people!!!
really admirable.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 06:59 PM
dsetto
Total Posts:  435
Joined  01-24-2014

Yes. 5pindin’s reliable support of our XF has been very fortunate for us.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 30, 2016 @ 07:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

@ chasmanian, Michael Trigoboff, purcell, moxrox, Raven80, dsetto, ...

Thanks so much, guys - it’s been my pleasure to participate in the Motifator forums.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ GM DR has 16 slots and only 1 drum kit assigned
Next Topic:

~1,900 Performances in Montage ››