mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "motif 6 effects applied to tracks coming out of DAW?"

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 08:44 AM
yungsurge
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-28-2016

I want to apply effects of the motif 6 to tracks already in my DAW, and be able to monitor it live as I tweak the settings and find the sound I want.  Is this possible or do I have to sample into the motif and then apply the effects.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 29, 2016 @ 12:35 AM
yungsurge
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-28-2016

I think I have it mostly figured out.  The main issue I had was just getting the volume right on the input and output of the signal to the keyboard and back into the audio interface.  If I turned the volume up too much it would cause a lot of feedback and get really loud all of a sudden. 

I have output from the audio interface into the AD input on the Motif. 
I have the output of the motif to the input of the audio interface. 
I am using the variation reverb and chorus effects from the mixer in pattern or song mode. 
I have a return track in ableton that is set to send audio to the output connected to the keyboard.
I have another audio track set to receive this audio from the keyboard. 
I turn the send all the way up on the track i want to add effects to in the DAW. 
Something that is kind of annoying is that i have to solo the return track and the audio track that is taking input from the keyboard, and leave the source track un-solo’d to monitor. 

Is this pretty much how you would use the motif as an external effects processor?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mOTIF 8 bREATH CONTROLLER
Next Topic:

Setting up motif with logic x ››