mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "So.. Who is buying a Montage ?  and Who is not ? and who is still undecided ?"

Page 2 of 5
Posted on: January 27, 2016 @ 12:54 PM
davlippo7
Total Posts:  252
Joined  10-06-2010

Check out the Ebay current listings on the Yamaha FS1r

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=yamaha+fsi1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xyamaha+fs1r.TRS0&_nkw=yamaha+fs1r&_sacat=0

I’ve never seen this many and I just sold mine as well. This is most likely due to the Montage FMX or is it otherwise? What do you think?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2016 @ 02:04 PM
lastmonk
Total Posts:  364
Joined  12-17-2013

I dunno, The more vids I look at, and demos I hear…

I’m thinking that this would be a nice board to add to a
Motif/MoxF setup.  It clearly does not(and cannot) replace my motif.  Its a new direction, and new instrument.  So I’ll probably get a 61 key or 76 key version and stack it.,

Motif/MOXF + Montage = (All bases covered LOL)

What it does do is vanquish any (fleeting) temptation I had to go with any Roland or Korg

I think its a win/win situation.  With the original Motif line you got solid music production and with the Montage we’ve got amped up live performance.

At the very least I’ll get the entry level Montage when it comes out and add that to my motif setup.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 27, 2016 @ 04:28 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002
pjd - 27 January 2016 10:34 AM

Thanks for the link to the Owner’s Manual, DJNoah.

I’m waiting for the Reference manual. That’s where the details are hiding.

All the best, pj

pjd, can you check your private message inbox? I sent you something a couple of days ago.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 06:13 AM
Raven80
Total Posts:  110
Joined  11-26-2014

Question:
Was there a price cut for the Motif XF?
It was released in 2010(?), so probably the starting price was higher than later.

I’m just thinking if it makes sense to wait some months or 1 year
for the Montage.
And depending on how it gets sold, the price could fall, I don’t know.

@Jote:
Can you send me a PM, too?
(If it’s that what I think ;) )

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 11:00 AM
pjd
Total Posts:  63
Joined  11-16-2013

Hi Raven80 --

Nah, it’s not what you think! We should all be so lucky. :-)

Jote just had a few questions.

All the best, everyone—pj

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 12:26 PM
davlippo7
Joined  10-06-2010

I am really disappointed in the Yamaha real time demos. I’ve found 5-10 YouTube videos hearing the exact same sounds over and over again. The sound palette should be endless which is the Montage’s primary selling point. So if you don’t demo the 50-100-1000 new voices while everyone’s focusing on the limitations vs Motif, after about the 10th video I’ve lost complete interest in the Montage. The design engineers are the ones that should demo the Montage except they are boring while the players aren’t boring but they don’t know how to use it. Their just repeating the script over and over again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 12:52 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002
davlippo7 - 28 January 2016 12:26 PM

I am really disappointed in the Yamaha real time demos. I’ve found 5-10 YouTube videos hearing the exact same sounds over and over again.

The sounds are not finalized yet, that’s why you keep hearing the same Performances in the demos.
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 01:10 PM
kt_over_q
Total Posts:  27
Joined  07-07-2011

I am in the queue for a new Montage7 to add to my existing XF8 and other contrivances.

Montage ticks the following boxes for me.

1. FM-X (I have been programming FM since the early 80’s)
2. Expanded AWM2 and intrinsic user flash memory
3. Motion Control and this capability of harnessing differential real time parameters as performance gestures and contrived sequencing of the parameters.
4. Improved effects and polyphony to permit SSS and other subtle nuances in sound realization
5. A FSX keyboard which is suited for different techniques over a BH in the XF8 which I shall still use.
6. The future possible expansion of Montage if my intuition serves.
7. The smell of a new keyboard and serendipitous sound realization and composition

I have many other synthesis capabilities with the instruments/VSTi collected over the years. Montage tills fertile soil for creativity, and that’s what I am after!

Craig

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 02:13 PM
davlippo7
Joined  10-06-2010
kt_over_q - 28 January 2016 01:10 PM

I am in the queue for a new Montage7 to add to my existing XF8 and other contrivances.

3. Motion Control and this capability of harnessing differential real time parameters as performance gestures and contrived sequencing of the parameters.
4. Improved effects and polyphony to permit SSS and other subtle nuances in sound realization
5. A FSX keyboard which is suited for different techniques over a BH in the XF8 which I shall still use.
7. The smell of a new keyboard and serendipitous sound realization and composition

I have many other synthesis capabilities with the instruments/VSTi collected over the years. Montage tills fertile soil for creativity, and that’s what I am after!

Craig

You forgot the new balanced outs/pure analog improvements in sound quality.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 02:16 PM
kt_over_q
Total Posts:  27
Joined  07-07-2011
davlippo7 - 28 January 2016 02:13 PM
kt_over_q - 28 January 2016 01:10 PM

Craig

You forgot the new balanced outs/pure analog improvements in sound quality.

YES I DID!!!  Did not want to seem too much of a shill and although I own lots of Yamaha products, my sport touring motorcycle is a Kawasaki C14.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 02:17 PM
davlippo7
Joined  10-06-2010
DmitryKo - 28 January 2016 12:52 PM

I am really disappointed in the Yamaha real time demos. I’ve found 5-10 YouTube videos hearing the exact same sounds over and over again.

The sounds are not finalized yet, that’s why you keep hearing the same Performances in the demos.

They are waiting until the last minute for a May release date. I hope they can make it although I’d prefer getting everything right as much as possible and improve on the menu appearance and interactivity.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 03:24 PM
RobinVT
Total Posts:  210
Joined  01-16-2012

I am really disappointed in the Yamaha real time demos. I’ve found 5-10 YouTube videos hearing the exact same sounds over and over again. The sound palette should be endless which is the Montage’s primary selling point. So if you don’t demo the 50-100-1000 new voices while everyone’s focusing on the limitations vs Motif, after about the 10th video I’ve lost complete interest in the Montage. The design engineers are the ones that should demo the Montage except they are boring while the players aren’t boring but they don’t know how to use it. Their just repeating the script over and over again.

Have you heard these?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6k3QSTCQRk

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 04:46 PM
davlippo7
Joined  10-06-2010
robinvt - 28 January 2016 03:24 PM

Have you heard these?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6k3QSTCQRk

Yes, I did find that unique demo. Thanks. There were some nice new/different sounds especially at the end that we’re barely touched but at least we did get to hear a small sampling. Those aren’t showing up in the main demonstrations. We’ve all heard DJ Montage, Seattle Sections, Rhodes, shiver, Yamaha Piano, FM EP etc.
ad nauseum.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 05:06 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

I won’t be buying a Montage

I will be usng this year’s bonus to upgrade my MOX6 to a MOTIF XF7 in March to take advantage of the lowered prices and Fully Loaded promo.  For instance, ZZounds is listing a “blemished” MOTIF XF7 for 2700 with Fully Loaded promo; know an excellent dealer that will probably match that for a new unblemished one.

Of course, I may be running the risk of “sold out inventory” in March for the Fully Loaded.  Will check with Yamaha if delivery of promo flash and firewire boards is guaranteed or “subject to being in stock”.

Cheers.

BTW, given the PSR s970 feature set and the move away from “Music Production Workstation”, I won’t be surprised if the next “Tyros” (likely late 2017) competes more directly with Korg’s Pa4x as a hybrid “Music Production Workstation” and “Arranger”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 28, 2016 @ 07:47 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002
jazz.preest - 28 January 2016 05:06 PM

BTW, given the PSR s970 feature set and the move away from “Music Production Workstation”, I won’t be surprised if the next “Tyros” (likely late 2017) competes more directly with Korg’s Pa4x as a hybrid “Music Production Workstation” and “Arranger”.

What’s so specific about PSR-S970 feature set that made you arrive at this conclusion? (it’s a serious question :)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 5

Previous Topic:

‹‹ The Montage is the new Motif OK !
Next Topic:

Suggestion: Creating a new instrument category ››