mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Power grand"

Posted on: January 16, 2016 @ 05:54 PM
flnick
Total Posts:  24
Joined  11-17-2009

Ok, I have been gigging with my motif es8 for a few months now and I tried different piano sounds and so far the power grand sample does cut through the mix. Can anybody give me their eq settings that you use for the power grand sample? I almost have it pretty good but I’m curious to see if anybody still uses the power grand for gigging. I still see on you tube there is a lot of keyboard players that still use this keyboard plus the older motif8 over the newer motifs ,thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 16, 2016 @ 06:03 PM
benj00
Total Posts:  113
Joined  06-03-2011

Hi,

I’ve loaded this sound onto my MOXF and I like it because it’s bright and cuts through the mix. It’s less realistic than the 100 MB CFX Grand from the Inspiration in a Flash Voice Library, but I feel like a lot of those nuances get lost when you’re playing with a loud band in a loud venue, even with a good sound system. I tend to use the CFX for ballads,intro’s etc and the Power grand (or the monoaural grand) for pop, rock,R&B;, etc. I tend to use the VCM EQ and I boost the mids by .5 to 1, the high’s to 1 to 1.5, and scoop out .5 to 1.5 on the low-mids and lows. A little adjustment goes a long way with EQ, I also use the VCM compression set to the piano preset and tweaked a little.

I also like the Nord pianos for this too, because they are more compressed and have a little less bass, and the mid range cuts through really well, and doesn’t get buried by guitar and bass. Right now I’m using the Silver Grand, which is a newer sound available on the Nord website.

~Ben

[ Ignore ]