mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Montage pre-NAMM spoiler"

Page 2 of 43
Posted on: January 12, 2016 @ 05:24 PM
kb420
Total Posts:  726
Joined  04-11-2004
DmitryKo - 12 January 2016 03:21 PM

http://4wrd.it/Fake

The photo looks like a low-quality Photoshop job, the specs are very unrealistic “double everything”, the “super knob” is placed at the very wrong place for a performance controller, the “brand-new” GUI is not really shown on the screen. Also text layout and wording of the ad do not fit with other content.

The real page 224 of the February 2016 issue has a Fender Custom Shop ad.

I actually had some doubt when I first saw it.  I think it may be a fake.  I felt like once it was leaked, Yamaha would go ahead and announce it in order to build up some hype going in to NAMM.  I guess this was just another case of “you can’t trust everything you read on the internet”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2016 @ 05:51 PM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

Nope. Not a fake IMO. When I visited this page 13 hours ago (8:30 CET)

http://www.onlinedigeditions.com/publication/?i=286673&p=224

I saw the Montage blurb with my own eyes. Now it’s gone! And also replaced with that “Fender Custom Shop” page. This clearly indicates a leak. Yamaha obviously found out and told them to replace it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2016 @ 06:15 PM
pjd
Total Posts:  63
Joined  11-16-2013

Hi --

I had the same experience as Jote. Last night, the Montage blurb appeared at that link. Today, it’s replaced by a Fender blurb.

Yamaha has been burned before with pre-release leaks. The Tyros 5 situation was a fiasco—the specs and some docs appeared on the Korean Yamaha site and whoosh, the T5 leak was everywhere.

Ummm, the “twice everything” is consistent with the new SWP70 tone generator, BTW. And with the new internal flash memory interface, expansion to 8GBytes (physical) or beyond is possible.

I think the trade magazine blew the release embargo and Yammy ain’t happy.

All the best—pj

P.S. And if it is a fake, I’ll have a good laugh on myself. :-) Gee, just can’t take this too seriously in such a troubled world…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2016 @ 07:24 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002

I checked that link on http://onlinedigeditions.com today, January 12, at around 18:00 CET and it did have the Montage ad (which I still think looks either fake or at least very rough and preliminary). I checked it again at about 22:00 CET and it was replaced with the Fender Custom Shop ad.
The other two sites which hosted the same February 2016 issue (http://sheridan.com and http://coverstand.com) already had the Fender ad as of 18:00 CET. So it’s not really possible to tell if the version with the Montage ad was pulled out and replaced, or they never hosted it in the first place.

[Edit]
That said, I re-read my original comments and realized that there could be some logic in placing the Super Knob next to the regular knobs, as it is intended to link multiple knobs - but even then such “joystick” control would naturally belong near the pitch and mod wheels and the ribbon, just like the AF buttons - which were absolutely misplaced on the Motif XS/XF.,,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 01:05 AM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

There is nothing that looks fake about that keyboard to me. A fake Yamaha keyboard would never appear in a professional music magazine publication. It looks 100% real. Obviously Yamaha don’t want to build up extra hype like the Motif XF did that allowed it to take off like a rocketship from pre-release hype.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 01:56 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

There is nothing that looks fake about that keyboard to me. A fake Yamaha keyboard would never appear in a professional music magazine publication.

Exactly! And http://www.onlinedigeditions.com is certainly THE go-to site for professional music magazine publications.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 06:24 AM
djnoah
Total Posts:  42
Joined  05-05-2008

GOD HAS EARS AND HE HATH REPLIED!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 07:54 AM
pdiddy
Total Posts:  40
Joined  11-07-2003

Doesn’t look fake to me. Also not surprised it appeared and disappeared so quickly. That’s exactly how you build up a buzz.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 03:24 PM
scherzo
Total Posts:  67
Joined  04-08-2009

Of course it’s true!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 06:19 PM
DmitryKo
Total Posts:  1483
Joined  07-25-2002
moxrox - 13 January 2016 01:56 AM

http://www.onlinedigeditions.com is certainly THE go-to site for professional music magazine publications

And how did it happen that “THE” site doesn’t even have a front page, or any security restrictions to prevent anyone from accessing their supposedly protected content?

pdiddy - 13 January 2016 07:54 AM

not surprised it appeared and disappeared so quickly. That’s exactly how you build up a buzz.

I don’t think it’s an intentional leak. Placing the ad to the trade magazine intended for dealers, then outright removing it - that’s not going to generate any more publicity, but might actually provide an impression that Yamaha USA do not know what they are doing.

It’s either the trade magazine breaking the PR embargo by mistake (or inserting a preliminary ad), or a fake page inserted by some hacker… we shall know in just a week.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 06:38 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
DmitryKo - 13 January 2016 06:19 PM

[...]It’s either a fake ad inserted by some hacker, or the trade magazine breaking the PR embargo by mistake. We shall know in just three days.

The 2016 Winter NAMM Show is January 21 - 24.

By the way (and I’m not suggesting that this proves anything), Nate Tschetter, who is quoted, is a real Yamaha employee.

http://mmrmagazine.com/92-news-people/1018-yamaha-promotes-three-to-strengthen-marketing-and-product-development.html
Excerpted from the above…
Written by Christian Wissmuller
Published: 15 February 2014
Yamaha Corporation of America (YCA) today announced three promotions. Athan Billias is the director of strategic product planning, a new corporate-wide position. Dave Jewell is the marketing communications manager in the Customer Sales & Marketing Group, also a new company-wide position. Nate Tschetter is named marketing manager, Music Production, Pro Audio & Combo Division.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2016 @ 07:45 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Take a look at Yamaha’s Summer NAMM 2015 news/press release for the reface models… Yamaha Press Kit Summer NAMM 2015 ...and note the EMBARGO.
Sometimes people (publishers) miss that.

What Music Trades published looks like a rewrite of a Yamaha press release - the reface press release has a similar “flavor”.

The Montage image may or may not have originated with Yamaha.

If this is all a hoax, it’s a very elaborate one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2016 @ 02:37 AM
kday
Total Posts:  401
Joined  02-17-2004

I mean, you have to be totally naive to think Yamaha intended to leak then pull back the ad. Everything about the ad looked totally well written by Yamaha. You folks have short memories, the exact same thing happen with the Motif XF. Yamaha and other manufactures usually gives pictures of their new synthesizers to music magazines for future inclusion of print magazines. And there is always someone who happen to find when that publication prints their February issue too early online.

Exact same thing happened with the Motif XF, picture was leaked early, way b4 Namm, so this is nothing new about Yamaha’s leaked press releases.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2016 @ 01:14 PM
foleycore21
Total Posts:  37
Joined  01-14-2016

What’s happening kday? Pumpin the beats out? Keep it comin, bro.

On to the subject of this thread, it seems the so-called spoiler is from a fake, the original spiel it was extracted from is below…

“NEW PRODUCTS Yamaha Montage Synth, Based On Entirely New Technology user interface with color touch screen, endless rotary encoders and the Super Knob: a macro control allowing users to control multiple parameters simultaneously. “Montage is the culmination of over forty years of synthesizer legacy and innovation,” said Nate Tschetter, marketing manager, music production, Yamaha Corporation of America. “Playing and experiencing Montage is, quite simply, inspiring.” Anaheim Marriott Marquis Ballroom http://4wrd.it/Montage Yamaha’s Montage contains two discrete sound engines for expanded tonal flexibility. VATER TACKY SACK VATER PERCUSSION’S new Tacky Sack Grip Enhancer, the first product of its kind to be marketed to the drumming world, features a sack of grip-enhancing rosin powder that absorbs moisture and provides drummers additional control of their drumsticks while performing in humid and sweaty conditions. Gently “clapping” hands on the Tacky Sack applies rosin powder to the palms. A cord is included to hang Tacky Sack from a snare drum, stick bag, or hard-ware. “Once again, Vater knows just what I need, even before I do,” said Slipknot’s Jay Weinberg. “Especially in intense, sweaty environments, Tacky Sack allows me to lose myself in the vibe of a song without worrying if I’m going to send a stick flying from my palms. My grip relaxes, and I’m better able to avoid carpal tunnel-like problems. Tacky Sack lets me thrash with complete control.” Marilyn Manson’s Gil Sharone added, GRIP ENHANCER YAMAHA’S NEW MONTAGE synth offers unprecedented ways for keyboard players to control and interact with sound. For more than 40 years, Yamaha has developed industry-leading synthesizers, from the revolutionary DX7 in the 1980s to the renowned Motif series, one of the best-selling synthesizers of all time. The Montage, available in 61-, 76-, and 88-key configurations, features the Motion Control Synthesizer Engine, a powerful and intuitive way to interact with and control sound. The Motion Control Synthesizer Engine controls two iconic Sound Engines: Advanced Wave Memory 2 (AWM2) and FM-X. Compatible with previous generation Motif libraries, the AWM2 engine is exponentially more powerful than the previous Motif XF flagship with nearly ten times more wave memory, integrated flash, double the effects, and twice the polyphony. Joining the powerful AWM2 engine is FM-X. A sophisticated pure FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer engine is capable of producing classic ‘80s or cutting-edge EDM sound with excellent dynamic range, power, and fidelity. Montage also features a brand new Vater Tacky Sack Grip Enhancer. 224 MUSIC TRADES February 2016”

PS: Hey Yamaha, just release the fargen thing already; geeezz? Oh, and will it have more than a single EDM clap sample in it this time??? LOL

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 14, 2016 @ 01:39 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
foleycore21 - 14 January 2016 01:14 PM

On to the subject of this thread, it seems the so-called spoiler is from a fake, the original spiel it was extracted from is below…

“NEW PRODUCTS Yamaha Montage Synth, Based On Entirely New Technology user interface with color touch screen, endless rotary encoders and the Super Knob: a macro control allowing users to control multiple parameters simultaneously. “Montage is the culmination of over forty years of synthesizer legacy and innovation,” said Nate Tschetter, marketing manager, music production, Yamaha Corporation of America. “Playing and experiencing Montage is, quite simply, inspiring.” Anaheim Marriott Marquis Ballroom http://4wrd.it/Montage Yamaha’s Montage contains two discrete sound engines for expanded tonal flexibility. VATER TACKY SACK VATER PERCUSSION’S new Tacky Sack Grip Enhancer, the first product of its kind to be marketed to the drumming world, features a sack of grip-enhancing rosin powder that absorbs moisture and provides drummers additional control of their drumsticks while performing in humid and sweaty conditions. Gently “clapping” hands on the Tacky Sack applies rosin powder to the palms. A cord is included to hang Tacky Sack from a snare drum, stick bag, or hard-ware. “Once again, Vater knows just what I need, even before I do,” said Slipknot’s Jay Weinberg. “Especially in intense, sweaty environments, Tacky Sack allows me to lose myself in the vibe of a song without worrying if I’m going to send a stick flying from my palms. My grip relaxes, and I’m better able to avoid carpal tunnel-like problems. Tacky Sack lets me thrash with complete control.” Marilyn Manson’s Gil Sharone added, GRIP ENHANCER YAMAHA’S NEW MONTAGE synth offers unprecedented ways for keyboard players to control and interact with sound. For more than 40 years, Yamaha has developed industry-leading synthesizers, from the revolutionary DX7 in the 1980s to the renowned Motif series, one of the best-selling synthesizers of all time. The Montage, available in 61-, 76-, and 88-key configurations, features the Motion Control Synthesizer Engine, a powerful and intuitive way to interact with and control sound. The Motion Control Synthesizer Engine controls two iconic Sound Engines: Advanced Wave Memory 2 (AWM2) and FM-X. Compatible with previous generation Motif libraries, the AWM2 engine is exponentially more powerful than the previous Motif XF flagship with nearly ten times more wave memory, integrated flash, double the effects, and twice the polyphony. Joining the powerful AWM2 engine is FM-X. A sophisticated pure FM (Frequency Modulation) synthesizer engine is capable of producing classic ‘80s or cutting-edge EDM sound with excellent dynamic range, power, and fidelity. Montage also features a brand new Vater Tacky Sack Grip Enhancer. 224 MUSIC TRADES February 2016”

What you posted is part of the HTML Source that was available from the page I originally linked to, before it was pulled.

For those interested, I’ve attached the entire thing.

File Attachments
Music Trades February 2016 Page224.htm.txt  (File Size: 32KB - Downloads: 417)
  [ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 43

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Obscure bug
Next Topic:

CP70 samples for Motif XF ››