mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No sound when I load voice from usb"

Posted on: January 10, 2016 @ 09:18 AM
Glynnski
Total Posts:  3
Joined  01-10-2016

Hi all, I am very new to Motif so please forgive me if I seem naive. I purchased the Motif XF8 a few days ago and am trying to load voices from the Accoustic Steel Guitar voice library, downloaded from the net. I have seen and followed numerous posts as well as the reference manual as to how to load from USB. I do not have a flash board at this point so am trying to load a voice at a time into the User 4 Bank. No matter what I do...the Accoustic Guitar appears in the User 4 bank but I can get no sound from it. Please help, I am going out of my mind trying to sort this out! Not only that I spent $200+ on voice libraries only to find so far that I can not use them. Many thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2016 @ 10:13 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum, Glynnski.

You haven’t described the procedure you’re using to load the Voices, but the problem might be a matter of how the File Load options are set.

The default settings at the lower right of the File display are…
USR > USR
FL1 > FL1
FL2 > FL2

Typically large libraries install samples to FL1. It’s also possible to have samples meant to be in FL2. Since you want to place the samples in User SDRAM, before loading change the settings to…
USR > USR
FL1 > USR
FL2 > USR

I hope that helped. Please let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2016 @ 01:22 AM
Glynnski
Joined  01-10-2016

BOOM!! Many thanks 5pinDIN it worked first time :) So simple when you know what you are doing. Is it just me or are the manuals fiendishly tricky to follow heh heh. I have other questions regarding the setup to record with Cubase 7 Essentials. I don’t have all of the control I thought I would have from the keyboard using remote....such as no control over Assignable functions for guitar slide and things, also no control over the arps but I will persevere for a while before going into any more detail as I’m sure it’s me that has the settings wrong (again). Many thanks again, you’re a star!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2016 @ 02:06 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
Glynnski - 11 January 2016 01:22 AM

BOOM!! Many thanks 5pinDIN it worked first time :) So simple when you know what you are doing. Is it just me or are the manuals fiendishly tricky to follow heh heh. I have other questions regarding the setup to record with Cubase 7 Essentials. I don’t have all of the control I thought I would have from the keyboard using remote....such as no control over Assignable functions for guitar slide and things, also no control over the arps but I will persevere for a while before going into any more detail as I’m sure it’s me that has the settings wrong (again). Many thanks again, you’re a star!

I am the creator of Acoustic Steel Guitar.

Please bear in mind that you really need a
1GB flashboard installed in your XF to
effectively use the library. You “may” be
lucky enough to load a single voice (the first
voice which loads to User Bank 4, voice A1),
but you will not be able to load anymore
Acoustic Steel Guitar voices after that.
Furthermore, if you load a single voice
to user RAM, the samples that belong to it
will be lost when you power down, and when you
next boot up your XF the guitar voice will
be there but it wont make any sound.

Acoustic Steel Guitar is over 700MB in
sample size and therefore requires a 1GB
flashboard in your XF. To load the library
properly to a flashboard-equipped XF, please
read the PDF Owners Manual for Acoustic Steel
Guitar. It’s included in the download.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2016 @ 10:23 PM
Glynnski
Joined  01-10-2016

Many thanks Dave. I have come to realise that a flash board is necessary, just haven’t managed to lay my hands on one yet, here in Philippines.....soon to be rectified I hope.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Screen Malfunction
Next Topic:

Motif XF Sample Memory Full Message ››