mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "iPad wifi"

Posted on: January 03, 2016 @ 11:46 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Hey everyone.  I used several apps using my iPad and wifi to XF.  Been over a year but I have all the details in a note file that I followed but unable to connect.  Let me run down what I’ve done:

Edit: m ok. I continued to fiddle and here’s what’s up:
The Yamaha Audio Recorder app works.  It connects wirelessly and plays and records from the motif. 

When I try the other two apps (voice editor and performance editor).  I’m the setup, under wireless, it searches and FINDS the Motif_XF.  I touch it, it puts a check mark there, but when I click “back” or simply go to receive/transmit, I keep getting a timed out message.  When I go back to setup, it doesn’t show the Motif wireless connection, but goes back to the searching mode, finds it amd I again select it.  It just doesn’t seem to “lock in” for lack of a better term. 

This happens in both apps. 

Thanks fellows

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2016 @ 10:26 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

I don’t use an iPad or wireless, but as far as I know this is an iOS issue.

Apparently Apple isn’t happy unless one or more things don’t work correctly.  ;-)

Google “ios wifi problems” (without the quotation marks), and you’ll get a significant number of hits. I don’t know if any of them will lead to a solution for your problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2016 @ 10:29 PM
Stashman
Total Posts:  79
Joined  08-24-2014

Richie1027,
Sorry I can’t be of any help at the moment, to your dilemma , but can I ask what wireless adapter your using for the Motif?
I’ve been wanting to attempt this for quite some time and was hoping that someone had found an adapter that worked and worked flawlessly...?
Or, could it be a problem with said adapter? Hmm…

Thanks kindly

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2016 @ 12:22 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Stashman.... I use a Buffalo brand..don’t recall model but if you search Motifator using buffalo and hub or some keyword, you may find it.  I got the name from a post 2 yrs ago.  It works fine.

As for this problem, I also posted the question to Phil Bad_Mister on the Yamaha synth forum and he agreed it’s an IOS issue related to midi.  He’s working on getting a fix.  Midi is the issue, because I can use the Yamaha Audio Recorder just fine wit the motif wirelessly. 
I was relieved to to know this was the problem, as opposed to my malfunction.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2016 @ 08:50 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Stashman - 04 January 2016 10:29 PM

[...]I’ve been wanting to attempt this for quite some time and was hoping that someone had found an adapter that worked and worked flawlessly...?

Most recent Compatible USB Device List for MOTIF XS/XF:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/53377

Buffalo devices (one discontinued) are on the list.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2016 @ 10:23 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 05 January 2016 12:22 AM

[...]As for this problem, I also posted the question to Phil Bad_Mister on the Yamaha synth forum and he agreed it’s an IOS issue related to midi.  He’s working on getting a fix.  Midi is the issue, because I can use the Yamaha Audio Recorder just fine wit the motif wirelessly.

Yes, iOS 9 apparently has MIDI-related problems.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32686214/removeconnection-results-in-exc-bad-access

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7233337?start=0&tstart=0

richie1027 -

I was relieved to to know this was the problem, as opposed to my malfunction.

I can appreciate that feeling. Better that someone else programmed something poorly, rather than one’s own internal programming/processing is at fault. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question about volume sliders
Next Topic:

Screen Malfunction ››