mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question about volume sliders"

Posted on: January 03, 2016 @ 04:30 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004

I have a question about the volume using one or two the the sliders when playing live.

If for example on Song Mode I have a piano on track 1 and strings on track 2 but I set both sounds(voices) on Midi Channel 1 so they’re combine but and certain moments in the song I just want the piano to be heard and not the strings(this playing manually live, no sequence), how can I assign a function that will enable me to manually lower the volume of the strings using the slider ?

I know this is possible in Performance Mode but how can I do this in Song Mode ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2016 @ 04:42 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

You place your SONG into a MASTER location and activate ZONES on up to (8) PARTS.

Take a look at This Thread. (It is but one of many on this topic here at the Forum)

In a nutshell, moving the SONG to MASTER MODE gives you the ability to mix (with the faders) up to (8) PARTS(ZONES) on (8) different MIDI channels...at the same time.

You will not be able to discreetly use a fader...in SONG Mode alone...on a single PART, if there are other PARTS on the same MIDI channel.  SONG Mode addresses (1) MIDI channel at a time, and all PARTS on that MIDI channel are addressed together.

MASTER Mode is how this issue is solved.  Let us know if you need more info after reviewing the linked material.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2016 @ 12:00 AM
Venatt
Total Posts:  744
Joined  07-11-2004
cmayhle - 03 January 2016 04:42 AM

You place your SONG into a MASTER location and activate ZONES on up to (8) PARTS.

Take a look at This Thread. (It is but one of many on this topic here at the Forum)

In a nutshell, moving the SONG to MASTER MODE gives you the ability to mix (with the faders) up to (8) PARTS(ZONES) on (8) different MIDI channels...at the same time.

You will not be able to discreetly use a fader...in SONG Mode alone...on a single PART, if there are other PARTS on the same MIDI channel.  SONG Mode addresses (1) MIDI channel at a time, and all PARTS on that MIDI channel are addressed together.

MASTER Mode is how this issue is solved.  Let us know if you need more info after reviewing the linked material.

Thank you very much, I was able to do what I need it to do!

Happy New Year!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI/Aftertouch question
Next Topic:

iPad wifi ››