mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES6 with output fault, anyone got a service manual?!"

Posted on: December 28, 2015 @ 05:04 PM
Pianoman_UK
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-16-2011

Hello everyone,
So it’s a few days before New Years Eve and my ES6 keyboard has developed an intermittent fault on the output. It is the same on the assignable outputs and headphone output as well.

It is also the same regardless of voice/performance being used.

We first noticed this when the Jazzy Organ patch sounded like it had a synth playing with it at the same time.
Then at the next gig, we noticed the output was noisy, and it was as if a kick drum was playing each time you hit a note. Most obvious on piano. If I hold a note down, once the patch voice fades away you can hear what sounds like Digital processing noise until the key is released.

Another feature, is that if I whack a 4 or 5 note chord on the piano, the chord sounds, then the output cuts out completely until the patch volume level fades a bit, and then the output comes back on. As if the output circuits get overloaded at full level.

What’s more, after a bit of fiddling around between patches and modes - the fault will occasionally go away, and the keyboard perform perfectly for a little while, and then the fault comes back again.

I would love to think there is just a dry joint somewhere - but I suspect most of the circuitry is surface mount stuff - I’m guessing maybe a capacitor or transistor circuit is not working properly.
I have some electronics experience, but I know I’m going to be hunting around in the dark really. Does anyone have a service manual, or know where I can get one...?

I’ve not had this synth apart before, so I’m not expecting to get it going before NYE - but I have to start somewhere!

Thanks in advance,

Nick

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2015 @ 05:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  10486
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

http://elektrotanya.com/yamaha_motif_es6_es7_es8.pdf/download.html

If a factory reset doesn’t help, I suggest running the TEST PROGRAM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2015 @ 10:02 AM
Pianoman_UK
Total Posts:  2
Joined  10-16-2011

Great, thank you. Will have a go and see what I can discover.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Useful years Motif ES
Next Topic:

Out of tune keyboard. ››