mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Create Arp User “XS Type”"

Posted on: December 26, 2015 @ 03:03 PM
erik_
Total Posts:  4
Joined  12-26-2015

I wondered if there was a possibility of creating user arp xs . I learned to create arpeggios. I know the differences of functions : normal, fixed and organ notes . But I would like to do this :

“Motif XS Type Arpeggios
These Arpeggios use a newly developed chord recognition technology to determine what notes should be played back by the Arpeggio. This XS type of arpeggio has the following benefits:
• The arpeggios respond only to any area on the keyboard where an XS type of arpeggio is assigned. Other areas of the keyboard do not effect the chord recognition. This allows very natural keyboard playing across the entire keyboard with arpeggio generated bass and backing parts.
• The arpeggio will always play harmonically correct parts. These are especially useful for bass and chordal backing parts.”

Thanks and sorry for my English .

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2015 @ 10:58 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

welcome.
this is the best I could find for you.
I’ve never done it, though.

here’s the reference manual:
https://www.motifator.com/storage/support/motifxf_en_rm_a0.pdf

go to page 153. Song Job Mode.
see F5 Track
and then 07: put track to arpeggio (page 164.

this may help too:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/arpeggios_explored_part_i

apologies if any of this is wrong.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2015 @ 12:37 AM
erik_
Joined  12-26-2015

Thanks for your reply!
I could already do what you said . I made my own arpeggios. Only chords are reversed. For example : I play : E_G_C ( notes) and sounds C / E . ( C bass in E ) . And I would like that always sound C without investment. As an arranger .
Arpeggios factory , for example MA_Rock and Roll _XS work the way I want.

I hope you understand what I need.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2015 @ 09:09 AM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

you’re welcome. :)

maybe this is what you need to do (this is from the second link article):

There are 5 Key Modes:

Thru: Notes play in the order they are pressed

(I’m only guessing. I have never tried this.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2015 @ 11:34 AM
erik_
Joined  12-26-2015

I’m sorry. But it’s not what I want . I need recognition function chord have xs arpeggios.

Is there any converter arpeggios to xs arpeggios ?

“Motif XS Type Arpeggios
These Arpeggios use a newly developed chord recognition technology to determine what notes should be played back by the Arpeggio. This XS type of arpeggio has the following benefits:
• The arpeggios respond only to any area on the keyboard where an XS type of arpeggio is assigned. Other areas of the keyboard do not effect the chord recognition. This allows very natural keyboard playing across the entire keyboard with arpeggio generated bass and backing parts.
• The arpeggio will always play harmonically correct parts. These are especially useful for bass and chordal backing parts.”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2015 @ 01:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
erik_ - 27 December 2015 11:34 AM

I’m sorry. But it’s not what I want . I need recognition function chord have xs arpeggios.
[...]

See…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/archive/viewthread/311339/
...especially the second post by Yamaha_US, “Programming your own arps”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2015 @ 04:18 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
erik_ - 27 December 2015 11:34 AM

Is there any converter arpeggios to xs arpeggios ?

“Motif XS Type Arpeggios

A long-time Yamaha employee’s ("BadMister") response to my similar question:

Can we create ES Type and XS Type Arpeggios?

Short answer: No.  Do not have access to Note Translation engine.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Create Arp User "XS Type"
Next Topic:

XS8 touch up paint? ››