mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha USB driver question."

Posted on: December 23, 2015 @ 05:30 PM
blusterbrown
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-23-2015

I’m running Logic Pro x 10.10 on a MBPro. Two issues: First, the latest driver download from Yammy states the USB driver is only for 10.5 to 10.9. Is there a new driver available?

Secondly, I installed Cubase earlier and it was a complete disaster and miserable experience(couldn’t get it to work with Yosemite) so I uninstalled Cubase Pro. It left behind the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver. Now I have two USB drivers neither of which I believe are correct.

How do I uninstall the Steinberg/Yamaha driver but leave the other in place?

I’ve been trying to get all this work with a Duet for Mac. I’m just guessing, but I think my Duet?MIDI issues are related to the Yamaha driver.

Anyone straighten me out?  Thanks in advance!

JT

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2015 @ 07:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

I’m not a “Mac guy”, so I’ll defer to others to answer questions specific to Mac.

The most recent Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver is V1.3.2, and covers 10.5.8 / 10.6.8 / 10.7.5 / 10.8.x / 10.9.x / 10.10.x / 10.11.x

Although you didn’t mention in your post, your member profile indicates you have an S90XS or S70XS. Downloads for that model, including the USB-MIDI driver, are available here:
http://download.yamaha.com/search/product/?site=usa.yamaha.com&category_id1=16277&product_id=1029664

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2015 @ 09:31 PM
blusterbrown
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-23-2015

Thanks for the response. Yes, I have am S90XS. I’ll check it out.

Do you know if Yamaha’s Studio Manager is completely irrelevant for Mac users?

Thanks again,

JT

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 12:09 AM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011
blusterbrown - 23 December 2015 09:31 PM

Do you know if Yamaha’s Studio Manager is completely irrelevant for Mac users?

From my experience the short answer is that it depends on the Mac’s OS and the software requirements. For example, I have an older Mac 10.4 that I keep on hand to run editors for legacy instruments. It’s unlikely that the editors will ever be updated to run on newer machines and to use Yamaha software on that Mac I’m required to use Studio Manager.

With my newer Mac 10.8, Studio Manager is not required for the software to run. I’ll guess that newer computers and software have capabilities that render Studio Manager unnecessary. As I understand it, when introduced, Studio Manager was also a tool to arrange your various set ups in a convenient package. This was from a time when I actually used a land line. With a cord.
Joking of course, but is is a tad bit old.

To uninstall midi drivers, in your Finder, type uninstall yamaha usb midi driver.  They came in the package when you downloaded the drivers.

Stone

[ Ignore ]