mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOX6 as MIDI Controller of VSTs in Cubase"

Posted on: December 23, 2015 @ 01:59 PM
Ariadne3
Total Posts:  28
Joined  06-24-2013

Hi,

I’d like to use my MOX as a MIDI controller of VSTs (not using the MOX’s sound at this time). I read through what I felt were the applicable parts of the articles on this site, and have been able to play VSTs on the MOX. The problem is that it’s coming out of just one speaker right only).

I’m running Cubase Elements 7 on a Macbook Pro. I’ve installed the latest Steinberg USB Driver, the Remote Tools and Editor.

The audio I am getting is coming out of the MOX’s audio outputs, not the laptop. I selected Quick setup 1, Config 1 in the MOX.

I have MIDI Thru active selected in Preferences and if I don’t have this selected, I get no sound at all. If I manually click on the piano keys in the VST within Cubase, I get a sound from the laptop output, but when I play the MOX, the sound comes from the MOX’s right output.

I’m fairly certain it’s a configuration problem that I have in Cubase, but I can’t quite pinpoint what needs to change.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2015 @ 10:43 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Hi Ariadne3,

If all you want to do is play your virtual instruments using the MOX’s keyboard and you want the sound to come through your computer and not the MOX, the first thing you need to do is make absolutely sure that you have NOT selected the MOX as the ‘in use’ audio interface for Cubase.

The fact that you have said that audio is coming through the MOX tells me that it i may be selected as the current audio interface for Cubase.

So you want to go into Cubase’s Device > Device Setup and make sure that you select the internal sound card and make sure that the MOX is not selected.  That’s probably called something like the VST audio system setting.

MIDI will work from your MOX no matter what (as long as you don’t change any MIDI settings)

Also make sure that your MOX’s Local control is set to OFF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 01:39 AM
Ariadne3
Joined  06-24-2013

Thank you! I will test this out when I get a chance this weekend. I figured it was something simple :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2015 @ 06:36 PM
Ariadne3
Joined  06-24-2013

Just out of curiosity, if I wanted the out to go through the MOX audio out (say in a live performance setting), how can I get it to be in stereo? Or would I have to just have a MONO out?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 03, 2016 @ 03:59 AM
pranav_mox6
Total Posts:  38
Joined  05-24-2014

[quote
Also make sure that your MOX’s Local control is set to OFF.

If that is OFF then the 8 knobs(or encoders) don’t work as a controllers. We can’t use them as controls ‘MIDI LEARN’.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ loop on feg?
Next Topic:

original voice in song mode? ››