mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Any freeware voice editor for the MX?"

Posted on: December 22, 2015 @ 01:55 PM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

Hi everyone!

I’m a happy owner of a MOXF8, which I purchased just when it was released for my studio, and recently I’ve bought a MX because of portability, as we’ve created an amateur band with some other people at work and I need something lighter, while having access to the great Yamaha sounds.

To my surprise, I’ve noticed that there are no “official” editors for the MX. I’ve downloaded the freeware Vycro MX performance editor, but it’s not capable of editing the insertion effects because they are part of the voice data itself, so a voice editor is needed. At least, the effects can be edited from the synth’s panel, although it’s like going back to the 80s with that tiny LCD screen.

So far, the only voice editor for the MX I’m aware of is the John Melas’ one, but to be sure, I’d like to ask if there are any freeware alternatives.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2015 @ 08:53 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

No freeware editor available. Yamaha aimed the MX at folks who wouldn’t be programming their own sounds.

An advantage of the Melas editor is it will convert MOXF patches to MX format.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2015 @ 09:07 AM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

Thanks a lot for your reply,

Honestly, I don’t undestand why Yamaha does not offer an editor for the MX, in order to make it possible to develop its full potential. If I wasn’t interested in programming or editing sounds, I would pick a PSR or something like that. People who get a budget synth does not mean that they are not interested in programming. Anyway, this is good news for John Melas.

BTW, I’m curious about the “conversion” of MOXF patches to the MX. AFAIK, both the waveform data and the effects section are different, so I wonder what kind of conversion can be done?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX61 as module using Apple Mainstage
Next Topic:

MX61 ins File ››