mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "duplicate waveforms"

Posted on: November 29, 2015 @ 09:18 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Old question but its been a while.  I found several threads addressing the job function to delete duplicate waveforms.

This is a one-at-a-time process and with a nearly full FL1, I’m ready for a long process....UNLESS there is another way (or 3rd party app) that will allow you to clean up the flash board more efficiently and quickly.

many thanks fellows.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2015 @ 10:29 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
richie1027 - 29 November 2015 09:18 PM

Old question but its been a while.  I found several threads addressing the job function to delete duplicate waveforms.

This is a one-at-a-time process and with a nearly full FL1, I’m ready for a long process....UNLESS there is another way (or 3rd party app) that will allow you to clean up the flash board more efficiently and quickly.

many thanks fellows.

Here is a Command from the Edit Menu of John Melas’ Waveform Editor:

Remove Duplicate Waveforms
This command detects similar Waveforms (same name and same number of Keybanks) and displays a Window with the compare results if duplicates are found. You can select which duplicate Waveforms you want to actually delete.

Without going into all of the other things Waveform Editor is great for, this is a big one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2015 @ 11:44 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
richie1027 - 29 November 2015 09:18 PM

many thanks fellows.

Yes, the Delete Same Name Waveforms Job can be time consuming if there are a large number to go through one by one.

I have only the demo version of the Melas Waveform Editor, but from looking at the manual it seems that it can find all the duplicates at once. It appears that the procedure would begin by saving an “All” file with samples, then using the Waveform Editor to find and delete the duplicates you choose. However, while that can create a new file without duplicates, it doesn’t affect what’s in the flash module. It seems the next step would be to delete everything on the flash module, and then load the newly created file. It might not be any quicker than working directly on the XF, although it could require fewer button presses.

Do you have at least a rough idea of how many duplicates there are? That could help with deciding whether using the XF Job or the Melas software is more to your liking.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Previewing Midi Files
Next Topic:

Karma-Lab CYBER MONDAY one day sale - 25% off everything! ››