mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Why do drums (arps) sound different in Perf when Drum Kit is same?"

Posted on: November 28, 2015 @ 09:59 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m wondering why certain arp patterns for Drums, when I move from Arp to Arp button within a Perf, seem to be from completely different Drum Kits? It’s the same kit, using the same bass drum, snare, but it might as well be another kit. I’m not just talking about volume or velocity, but the actual tonal character. Or am I just imagining this? 

I want, of course, for all the drum arps in a Perf sound like the same drummer, same kit. And I go to lot of trouble trying to find riffs that are gonna work well stylistically for the entire Song. But then a certain riff will play and I swear it’s a different snare, different tom, different cymbal or bass. 

If it’s just a matter of a snare drum being hit harder, I guess the only solution is to save it to Song, change the velocity, etc, then Put to Arp. (And I have done this.) But first I’d like to understand where the possible differences are gonna be found cause it doesn’t make sense to me that Drum Arps within a Performance COULD sound so different. 

Anybody have any opinions on this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2015 @ 11:17 PM
zpink
Total Posts:  427
Joined  08-02-2014

Could it be so that you have ‘VoiceWithARP’ set to ‘ON’?

To check, F5 - Arp ED the F3 - Main.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Organ with Insertion (Rotary) Effect in a Performance
Next Topic:

VST download? ››