mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Organ with Insertion (Rotary) Effect in a Performance"

Posted on: November 27, 2015 @ 05:00 PM
muscarella
Total Posts:  542
Joined  11-01-2003

When I add an organ Voice to my Performance the Rotary Effect goes missing. Do I have to save this as a User Voice with the rotary Insert Effect? I checked the proper boxes in the Effects menu and it says I’m using three Insert Effects, including the Part my organ is using. 

Am I missing something?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2015 @ 05:55 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If I remember correctly, besides the MOXF, you also have a MOX. The MOX is limited to the dual Insertion Effects being applied to three Parts, but the MOXF can have up to eight, so the number shouldn’t be an issue in a Performance.

1) Are you starting with an Initialized Performance?

2) Are you saying by pressing [PERFORM] > [EDIT] > [COMMON] > [F6]EFFECT > [SF2]INS SW you verified that the effect is turned on for the required Parts?

3) Which specific Voice are you having problems with?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2015 @ 06:38 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m working on the MOXF now.  It was a preset Performance with four parts, Piano, Bass, Guitar Drums. So it was never initialized per se. I took out the guitar and turned that Part (3) into a tone wheel organ. And then I checked in Effects to make sure the Ins FX switch was on for Part 3. Still don’t get the rotary effect. The Voice is Progressy, but I tried various B3 type Voices and none of them keep their rotary FX.  I’m thinking there’s some setting “left over” from the Preset when that Part was a Light Blues guitar.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2015 @ 07:30 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 27 November 2015 06:38 PM

I’m working on the MOXF now.  It was a preset Performance with four parts, Piano, Bass, Guitar Drums. So it was never initialized per se. I took out the guitar and turned that Part (3) into a tone wheel organ. And then I checked in Effects to make sure the Ins FX switch was on for Part 3. Still don’t get the rotary effect.

Sorry, I left a couple of button pushes out of my question #2 above (now corrected).

There are settings in both Common Edit and Part Edit. From your reply, I’m not sure which you’ve checked.

Common Edit:
See [SF2] INS SW (Insertion Effect Switch) on page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual.
--- and ---
Part Edit:
See InsEF (Insertion Effect Part Switch) on page 67 of the Reference Manual.
[EDIT] > Select Part > [F2]OUTPUT > [SF2]EF SEND

muscarella -

I’m thinking there’s some setting “left over” from the Preset when that Part was a Light Blues guitar.

Probably - that’s why I asked if you had started with an initialized Performance.

Please look at both of the switch settings, they should agree.

--------------

Or, you could initialize a Performance, use the COPY Job (see page 70 of the MOXF Reference Manual) to copy the Common and Part 1, 2 and 4 settings from your Performance to the initialized one, and then set up Part 3.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2015 @ 08:09 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

If rather than the Rotary Speaker effect not being present, it’s just that the Mod Wheel isn’t controlling it, see [F5]RCV SW (Receive Switch) on page 69 of the Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2015 @ 08:30 PM
muscarella
Joined  11-01-2003

I’m sure the solution is there in your suggestions.

I have had this trouble before when working from a Preset Performance, and it kind of defeats the value of having presets to tweak. I realize its partially just my ignorance about certain parameters, but the irony is that I avoid using the Perf Creator because I also find myself chasing my tail in that mode too, especially when it comes to arpeggio parameters.  And working straight from an Initialized Performance is seldom simple either.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2015 @ 08:51 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

offering this in case it is of any help.
read the last paragraph in Bad Mister’s post.
then check the the next link:

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=2117&Itemid=851

https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=386:introducing-the-effects&Itemid=102

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 28, 2015 @ 11:48 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
muscarella - 28 November 2015 08:30 PM

I’m sure the solution is there in your suggestions.

I have had this trouble before when working from a Preset Performance, and it kind of defeats the value of having presets to tweak. I realize its partially just my ignorance about certain parameters, but the irony is that I avoid using the Perf Creator because I also find myself chasing my tail in that mode too, especially when it comes to arpeggio parameters.  And working straight from an Initialized Performance is seldom simple either.

I’m not going to try to convince you that the various “MO” models are easy to program - they’re not, but they get easier the more you work with them, especially if you learn how to copy things from one Program (Voice/Program/Mixing) to another. As I’ve said before, the effort is rewarded.

Do you remember which factory Performance you started with? If it’s one that’s also found on the XF, I could look at Part 3 and determine what’s happening.

[ Ignore ]