mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Chains in Master Mode?"

Posted on: November 25, 2015 @ 05:20 PM
jeauxbleaux
Total Posts:  20
Joined  05-25-2015

I am intrigued with possibly using Master Mode to organize my Performances, Patterns and Songs.  I have a number of Patterns which I operate as Pattern Chains.  However, when I assign one of these Patterns to a Master and operate in Master mode, I can only reproduce the one Section that was active when it was STOREd.  Am I missing something?  Is there ANY way to either reproduce a Pattern Chain in Master mode, or switch sections in Master mode?

I would really prefer to not convert all my Patterns to Songs.

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2015 @ 07:31 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013
jeauxbleaux - 25 November 2015 05:20 PM

I am intrigued with possibly using Master Mode to organize my Performances, Patterns and Songs.  I have a number of Patterns which I operate as Pattern Chains.  However, when I assign one of these Patterns to a Master and operate in Master mode, I can only reproduce the one Section that was active when it was STOREd.  Am I missing something?  Is there ANY way to either reproduce a Pattern Chain in Master mode, or switch sections in Master mode?

I would really prefer to not convert all my Patterns to Songs.

Thanks in advance.

I had the same question (I have the MOX, I suspect it’s the same issue with the XS).

After exploring different STORE scenarios (PATTERN, MASTER) as well as SysEx PARAMETER CHANGE message options, my findings were:

1. If I want to play a “Pattern Chain”, I need to convert to SONG
2. If I want to improvise using PATTERN SECTIONS, I have to press the [PATTERN SECTION] button, hit PLAY (can use a Foot Swtich for that) and “switch sections” as desired.  (As my SECTIONS are organized predictably, I know what SECTION buttons to press). 
2a. Note that if you need the LCD for measure count or whatever, when you change the MASTER record to a PATTERN, you can press the PATTERN mode button, then the PATTERN SELECT, then so on.  After finishing the piece, you just press the MASTER mode button again and the synth will return to where you were.

Thought I could use SysEx messages to automate that, but couldn’t find any message to turn on the PATTERN SECTION button or select a specific SECTION.  If there are SysEx messages fo do that, then all that button-pushing can be automated.

Cheers.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2015 @ 07:34 PM
jazz.preest
Joined  06-06-2013

[deleted.  double post].

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2015 @ 07:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
jazz.preest - 25 November 2015 07:31 PM

[...]Thought I could use SysEx messages to automate that, but couldn’t find any message to turn on the PATTERN SECTION button or select a specific SECTION.  If there are SysEx messages fo do that, then all that button-pushing can be automated.

It can’t be done on current models. Here’s some related info on the topic:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469897/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2015 @ 08:30 PM
jazz.preest
Joined  06-06-2013
5pinDIN - 25 November 2015 07:57 PM

It can’t be done on current models. Here’s some related info on the topic:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469897/

Thank you, 5PinDin.  Interesting backgrounder as well as OS “Feature” decision by Yamaha.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ create bass arpeggio
Next Topic:

Transpose buttons ››