mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problems getting outside libraries from MOXF to Melas tools and back accurately"

Posted on: November 14, 2015 @ 09:24 AM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

I’m having difficulty getting outside library voices and performances from my moxf to Melas tools and back.

1.  I have the following libraries
a.  Inspiration in a flash – Yamaha download
b.  Twisted Tools– Yamaha download
c.  EDM– Yamaha download
d.  Bees Knees DPC
e.  Vintage Keys DPC
f.  Complete Orchestra DPC

2.  I loaded them into MOXF from a usb stick
a.  Voices and performances seem to work fine.
b.  There might be problems since the factory set is so large and the outside libraries are so large – it is hard for me to be sure of the accuracy of all loaded performances and voices.

3.  I did a SAVE ALL for each library (however without samples) to a separate memory stick.
a.  Did a MOXF reset
b.  Reloaded the libraries back into moxf
c.  Again everything seems fine

4.  So I loaded the libraries from moxf into Melas total library.  Did a Moxf reset. Reloaded the libraries from Melas tools to Moxf and weird things started happening.
a.  Each bank of every library has some voices in parent/child relationships (Melas terminology) where there shouldn’t be any. No voice that is from a library outside of the MOXF factory set should be a part of a factory performance right? Yet there are several performances claiming outside library voices.
b.  Sometimes performances have the name of a factory MOXF performance – but a completely different factory performance playing. Eg. Sunny Beaches is the name but Strummin and Hummin is playing. And this is completely erractic – each new load can rearrange different performances. And not just one – but several
c.  In some of the outside performances the voices are not what they claim to be:
1.  E.g. string voices that have chromatic percussion sounds in them / brass sounds with guitar sounds and on and on.
2.  Some performances have voices inexplicably removed. So that a performance that normally has four voices has 2 or 1.
d.  Some voices are completely changed. Overture in Complete Orchestra is sometimes reduced to a monophonic pad – that does not change pitch – so just like the original voice – but with a different element playing. 

5.  I spent about 5 hours today – reformatted the flashdrive. Reloaded all the libraries into moxf from usb stick. Again they sounded accurate.

6.  Then I transmitted the libraries from moxf to Melas tools. Then back to moxf.  Again there were several voices/performances that were inaccurate.

7.  One of the voices on vintage keys is Pink Floyd 1. I found that the user arp is not loading from Melas to the moxf – causing the voice not to play while the arp is on. That voice is consistent: it works properly when loaded from usb stick. But not when it loads from Melas.

8.  I would say that 60 to 75% of the loads are accurate. But I am not familiar with all the performances and voices – so there may be others that have been affected and I am just unaware of their problems.

10.  Libraries with fewest if any problems
a.  Bees knees – no problems that I have been able to detect.
b.  Vintage keys – only Pink Floyd 1 –user arpeggio does not load with voice.
c.  Inspiration in a flash
d.  None of these have performances.

11.  Libraries with problems
a.  Complete Orchestra – severe problems – the performances and voices can be completely chaotic after a Melas download.
b.  EDM – several voices do not play. Arps missing
c.  Twisted tools – less severe – voices missing – arps missing

12.  I have the latest driver for moxf v1.10

13.  I wrote to John Melas – gave him a screenshot of my midi connections. They are correct. He suggested that I increase the sysex delay to 40ms which I have done. He also suggested that I change my usb cord – which I have also done.

Short of getting a new moxf (which is not possible for me I’m past warranty – or taking it to a service center – also not possible since I live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and there is no service center anywhere close to me.)

Am I missing something? Is there a protocol for loading that I am missing? Does anyone else have this problem – or am I the only one? Is there an older post that addresses this problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

johnb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 16, 2015 @ 08:38 AM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

I think that I have the answer. Bad Mister explained that to make the voices transfer with stability - after you have loaded the library - you must immediately “SAVE ALL WITH SAMPLES” to a usb stick. Then transfer those files to Melas Tools.

That was an incredibly long process! About 8 hours all together for 7 different libraries. Each “save all with sample” - saves the entire sample list from the flashboard. So as you add more libraries - the save time takes longer and longer. With a full flashboard it takes a long time.

But it does appear to result in stable file transfers.

The lesson for me - load smallest files first to the flashboard - save the largest for last. It will reduce your save time to the USB stick.

However, I was not able to transfer the user arps to Melas Tools. I saw that they were saving. And the voices recognize that they are needed.  The arps transfer from usb stick to MOXF - just not to Melas tools.

So I’m still working on that.

jb

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Replacement parts for MOXF
Next Topic:

moxf editor stand alone installation failed on mac ››