mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Looking for DAW to work between XS and XF"

Posted on: November 13, 2015 @ 06:28 PM
kento77
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-09-2009

Starting a new project which brings a new board into the picture. My home studio has the Motif XS8 and I’m going to be working between here and the studio which has just brought in a new Motif XF.  So, there are a few questions. 
If I were to utilize the included Cubase AI with the built in Yamaha functionality/editing capability would it be best to use AI4 as included with the XS or the AI5 included with the XF and hope that the backward compatibility would assume the role of AI4 when used with the XS?
Since new boards come out and old stuff gets dropped for new stuff I’m wondering if anyone on Motifator (Phil? Adam?) have ever done some “cross experimentation” between the XS/XF and Cubase AI?  You guys would know probably better than anyone else...I think...since you know more about these models and their (in)compatibilities.
I’d also like to introduce some of my older VSTi’s into the mix and I know it’s possible to load them on the flash of the XF but the XS cannot do that without using the RAM or just FW to my laptop.
The main thing is working at home and spending time setting up the XS for the project and going to the XF to use at the studio.  Should we start with the Mlan16e and the FW16e drivers first?  Should I be able to use one here and the other there without any issues?  Yeah, I wish I could just go with another XF here but, right now, it’s just not possible.
Thanks for reading and any offers of assistance.  It’s much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2015 @ 09:18 PM
chasmanian
Total Posts:  319
Joined  01-27-2014

no clue.
all I can offer in terms of help is to tell you that Phil is at the yamahasynth website now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 14, 2015 @ 01:21 AM
kento77
Total Posts:  17
Joined  07-09-2009
chasmanian - 13 November 2015 09:18 PM

no clue.
all I can offer in terms of help is to tell you that Phil is at the yamahasynth website now.

Wow, that sucks…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Chicken Systems Translator or Creator - HELP!!
Next Topic:

Samples ››