mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Midi connection between Nord stage 2 and Motif Rack"

Posted on: November 02, 2015 @ 07:22 AM
carmar64
Total Posts:  4
Joined  11-02-2015

Hi
I’m Carlo and I’m new in the forum.
I have some truouble with the midi connection between my Nord stage 2 and the rack. I think I’m filling correctly the menu of The Nord Stage, with the values of MSB and LSB found in the Data List manual of the rack but at present I can only manage the program change for the Preset 1 of the Rack.
Is there anyone who can help me or indicate a previous topic about this?
Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2015 @ 09:20 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum.

Make sure that the Bank Select Switch is set to “on”. See page 100 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual.

If that doesn’t help…
What Bank(s) are you trying to select?
What MSB and LSB values are you using?
Please be specific.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2015 @ 10:02 AM
carmar64
Joined  11-02-2015

Thank you very much for the answer.
I’ll check if the Bank select switch is setted “On”.
I’m using this values: for the MSB 63, for LSB i tried to switch from 0 to 68 but turning the Knob of the external section of the Stage, setted on Program Change, the result is only a change in the program of the Preset 1.
It’s very likely that it’s only the Bank Select parameter; I’ll check it as soon as possible.
thank you again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2015 @ 10:52 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

You’re welcome.

You didn’t say which Bank you were trying to select, but LSB = 68 would be Multi mode. Switching from Voice to Multi mode requires sending a SysEx message to the Rack XS.

See http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/474708/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 02, 2015 @ 12:09 PM
carmar64
Joined  11-02-2015

Thank you again.
Actually, I’m trying to load a Voice/Multi as a part of a program set of the Nord Stage, so when you recall the program the Stage will load also the Voice/Multi of the rack.
I don’t need to switch from one voice to another or to a multi during the live by turning some knob of the Stage.
At present, I’m not able to select fron the stage a specific Voice/Multi when I’m setting the program on the Stage and I hope it’s only the Bank Select parameter you shown me.
In any case, you suggestion are very valued for me. I’ll try your solution this evening.
Many thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 03, 2015 @ 05:33 AM
carmar64
Joined  11-02-2015

hi
last evening I succeeded to store in the Nord Stage a program that load a specific voice of the Rack. The problem wasn’t the Bank Select but the way the Nord Stage let you fill the parameter in the extern menu’. In short, you have to set the MSB and LSB values and than return to the page in which you can set the program change value, select the Voice you want and all work correctly.
At present remain the “problem” of switching from Voice to Multi; I don’t know if the Nord can send to the rack a Sysex message.
I’ll try this evening!
bye

[ Ignore ]