mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Macbook Pro can’t see MOX8 audio interface - running El Capitan"

Posted on: November 01, 2015 @ 01:17 AM
jefskott99
Total Posts:  1
Joined  10-27-2013

My MOX8 and Macbook Pro (running El Capitan) are not communicating with each other from an audio perspective.  I have tested the audio interface on a Windows 7 machine (in which the device did show meaning it’s not a hardware issue, but likely a driver issue); however, on the Macbook Pro, when I go to System Preferences -> Sound, there is no Yamaha MOX6 / MOX8 device showing.  Also, when I go to Applications -> Utilities -> Audio Midi Setup (as detailed in the 1.93 driver installation guide), that device does not show up there either.

BTW, I am running the 1.93 USB driver which is the latest USB driver for the Mac OS on Yamaha’s site. 

I am running a Mid-2012 13-inch Macbook Pro with 16GB RAM on a 2.9Ghz Intel Core I7 processor alongside the MOX8.  I use Cubase Elements 8 for my DAW. 

Thank you for any insight you might provide me on why the Macbook Pro and the MOX8 cannot communicate over the USB cable (I do use the USB to host connection directly to my Macbook Pro USB 2.0 connection [no hub in the middle] and I do enable A/D Output on the MOX8 to On).

I’ve done everything I can including taking my machine back to the 10.8 OS,in which the 1.72 driver works fine, but cannot get the latest 1.93 USB driver for the Mac to work on the latest Mac OS, El Capitan (10.11.1).  Yosemite was the last OS on which the USB driver worked properly, and btw, my best guess is driver / OS conflict since I’ve eliminated basically everything else by going back through and installing piece by piece (after doing my time machine clean install) of the various software I use including Lightroom and Photoshop.  The machine appears to be virus and malware free, and I’m hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out how to get my two favorite machines talking.

I have submitted a similar note to Yamaha in case they have seen similar complaints there (there FAQ is virtually useless with one update in August and most others back in March 2015 and before).

Thanks for any help you can provide me.  If I can’t resolve this, I need to go looking for another audio interface - not an investment I want to make since that was one of the nice things about the MOX8 and its integration with software like Cubase.

Best Regards,
Jeff

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2015 @ 12:23 PM
philwoodmusic
Total Posts:  1055
Joined  07-01-2013

Yamaha haven’t updated their drivers yet. which means you are using an operating system which is currently unsupported.

You can either wait or roll back.

Or better still, make a music making partition on your Mac and keep it an OS behind the current so that this never happens.  Then you can boot between the previous and current as you need.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2015 @ 07:18 AM
potzynoodle@gmail.com
Joined  11-06-2015

Yamaha updated the USB driver on 4th Nov - you can get it here
Yamaha Support

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2015 @ 08:38 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver System Requirements for Macs:
Version 1.9.4 - OS X 10.7.5, 10.8.x, 10.9.x, 10.10.x
Version 1.9.6 - OS X 10.9.5, 10.10.x, 10.11.x

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2015 @ 09:49 PM
rstamm
Joined  10-20-2015
potzynoodle@gmail.com - 06 November 2015 07:18 AM

Yamaha Support

I’ve been to that site and there are no drives released on November that I see.  I’ve got the exact same issue - come on Yamaha I just sunk $1200 for a new MOXF6 and the driver doesn’t work - doesn’t even show up with El Crapitan.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2015 @ 10:02 PM
lastfermata
Total Posts:  54
Joined  01-20-2012

The dates are shown in UK format dd/mm/yyyy, so the USB drivers of 4/11/2015 means November 4, 2015.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2015 @ 10:58 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
rstamm - 07 November 2015 09:49 PM
potzynoodle@gmail.com - 06 November 2015 07:18 AM

Yamaha Support

I’ve been to that site and there are no drives released on November that I see.  I’ve got the exact same issue - come on Yamaha I just sunk $1200 for a new MOXF6 and the driver doesn’t work - doesn’t even show up with El Crapitan.

Welcome to the forum. Your member profile indicates that you run OS X. My earlier post in this thread indicates Mac driver version 1.9.6 is the one to use with the 10.11.x OS, and lastfermata is correct about the date format.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ 16 Mono Outs via XS Editor
Next Topic:

MOX6 Tempo Change per Midi Command ››