mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New computer, old cubase AI 4…"

Posted on: October 17, 2015 @ 09:18 PM
DC31
Total Posts:  26
Joined  03-08-2010

I’ve used the heck out of the copy of AI 4 I got with my Motif XS7. It ran on my old iMac, which recently died. So I got a new iMac.  Running Yosemite 10.10.5. I still have the cubase DVD, but I had my old hard drive semi-migrated, and there’s a copy of cubase AI4 in Applications.  But it wants to get registered.  As suggested, I got a MySteinberg account, and actually found my Motif Owner’s Manual, but there’s no “25-digit access code” on it or with it.  There’s a 7-digit “code” on the DVD, but that didn’t work as an access code. 

How can I get my cubase up and working?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2015 @ 10:28 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Contact Steinberg support for assistance ...or better still invest in a newer version of Cubase that is still supported and will work with newer operating systems. AI4 is basically obsolete.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2015 @ 06:25 PM
DC31
Total Posts:  26
Joined  03-08-2010
frankE - 18 October 2015 10:28 AM

Contact Steinberg support for assistance ...or better still invest in a newer version of Cubase that is still supported and will work with newer operating systems. AI4 is basically obsolete.

I expect you’re right, frankE.  How does Elements compare to AI 4?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2015 @ 10:20 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

AI is basically an introductory version of Cubase designed to entice one to move on to one of the commercial versions. The newer versions of Cubase are more advanced, supported and have numerous features AI doesn’t. If you’d like to explore the features of the newer versions, please visit the Steinberg web site. There’s a lot of information there that hopefully you would find helpful.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Events vs. Automation?
Next Topic:

Toggle between used automations in C8 ››