mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to split my MOXF8 into 4 sounds?"

Posted on: October 10, 2015 @ 01:25 PM
jcrow
Total Posts:  9
Joined  10-13-2014

I want to use 4 different sounds/voicings on one song.  How do I break up the voices on the keyboard and select the correct octaves within those four different areas using the 4 different sounds?  I believe you do this in master mode, but I can’t figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jcrow

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 10, 2015 @ 02:23 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
jcrow - 10 October 2015 01:25 PM

I want to use 4 different sounds/voicings on one song.  How do I break up the voices on the keyboard and select the correct octaves within those four different areas using the 4 different sounds?  I believe you do this in master mode, but I can’t figure it out.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Jcrow

While you could end up in MASTER Mode if you wanted to, you can accomplish this simply in PERFORMANCE, SONG, or PATTERN Modes.

Perhaps the simplest would be PERFORMANCE Mode:

After bringing your (4) PARTS into the PERFORMANCE (I’m assuming you are familiar with this operation, let us know if you are not), you will accomplish the desired keyboard separation using PART EDIT (begins on page 64 of the MOXF Reference Manual).

Select EDIT, then select the number of one of your PARTS (PART button 1, for example).

See [SF3] LIMIT on page 65.  Here you will set the upper and lower Note Limits for that specific PART on the keyboard.

See [SF1] TUNE on page 68.  Here you will EDIT the octave range of that particular PART… +/- 24 semitones.  For example, raise the value +12 semitones to raise the range of the PART by one octave.

Repeat the above procedures for the other (3) PARTS.

Be sure to NAME and STORE the PERFORMANCE.

[ Ignore ]