mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Serengeti Sunset by Steve Pas"

Posted on: October 08, 2015 @ 11:27 PM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Greetings all,
It has been far too long since I have produced anything to post, but I am pleased to announce the drought is over.  I had the skeleton of this one sitting on my music stand for the past couple of years or so and finally decided so sit down and pound it out and this is the result.  I always love to hear feedback; let me know what you think.

Regards,
Steve Pas

File Attachments
Serengeti Sunset.mp3  (File Size: 6216KB - Downloads: 436)
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2015 @ 06:02 PM
GravitonBlue
Total Posts:  127
Joined  02-14-2009

Great track, I like it a lot.  Feels like I’m on the plains in Africa.  Good job with the drums and kalimba.  My only nit-pick is the lead guitar sound.  To me, it’s a bit harsh compared to the rest of the acoustic instruments.  Maybe go with a flute voice or an acoustic guitar doubled with a pad voice to get that fast attack and then drone sound.  Or maybe a dulcimer doubled with a pad voice?

Good work Steve.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 24, 2015 @ 07:09 PM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Thanks for the kinds words, GB.  It is nice to get a reply from someone whose music graces my Mo Songs library.

I actually had picked the lead guitar first, and it did a great job of leading me to some contrasting instruments sounds to use for the other sections.

I’ll have to try some other combinations like you suggested.  It should be fairly easy to try out other instruments since I have this in my trusty MO8 sequencer as a song.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,
Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Holding On!
Next Topic:

Yes I am Ready - by Mike Huntingford ››