mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "ES rack - controlling master volume from a MIDI controller"

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 03:33 PM
wizkid
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-13-2011

I’m not a MIDI expert, but here’s my problem.  I have a Korg M50 that I’m using to control a rack ES.  When I move the volume slider on the M50, it doesn’t change the volume on the ES rack. 

Is there a way to use the slider on the M50 (or another MIDI controller that will work better) to control the volume on ALL channels in the ES? 

What I’m trying to do is combine some of the sounds from the ES with the sounds from the M50.  That works fine, but I can’t change the volume on both with a single slider.

Like I said, I’m NOT an expert, so please be kind!

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 07, 2015 @ 03:45 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

My guess is that the volume slider on the M50 is only dedicated as that, a volume control.  The volume slider on the ES rack does the same.

I’m not familiar with the M50, but I am relatively sure that there are either sliders or knobs that recognize, transmit, and receive midi data.  In this case the controller that you would like to use will have to be set to control the volume through Midi.  CC07 is usually for the changing of the volume on anything connected through Midi.  Also, you have to make sure that the midi channels match.  One controller can control volume, while another can control expression, patch change, as well as many other tasks that you appoint it to do.

Hope this helps.

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 08, 2015 @ 12:52 AM
wizkid
Total Posts:  5
Joined  10-13-2011

Thanks for the reply, Kenny.  I’ll give it a try!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES rack £280
Next Topic:

Receiving Performance Data ››