mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Some keys malfunctioning . HELP!"

Posted on: August 29, 2015 @ 11:41 PM
CarlOrchid
Total Posts:  1
Joined  08-29-2015

Hello,

After 2 years of continuous use, I have noticed that every single “E” and “B” key on my MOX6 sound bad - when pressed, I hear as if the adjacent keys were pressed as well ( E -> EF, and B -> BC). Besides, the touch sensitivity on those keys is gone. Given that every E and B pair in each octave sounds bad, I doubt this is some mechanical problem. Has anyone experienced such issues? If so, what is the recommendation?

thanks in advance

Carl

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2015 @ 05:32 PM
euphoniousmusic
Total Posts:  65
Joined  10-05-2013
CarlOrchid - 29 August 2015 11:41 PM

Hello,

After 2 years of continuous use, I have noticed that every single “E” and “B” key on my MOX6 sound bad - when pressed, I hear as if the adjacent keys were pressed as well ( E -> EF, and B -> BC). Besides, the touch sensitivity on those keys is gone. Given that every E and B pair in each octave sounds bad, I doubt this is some mechanical problem. Has anyone experienced such issues? If so, what is the recommendation?

thanks in advance

Carl

Have the same problem, some time I opened the device (out of warranty) and closed it, the problem is gone. Then I am out of town for a couple of months and back, the problem continues.

Opened it again, updated firmware now, but no change. Unusually loud sound whenever G3 key is pressed with C4 already on, on every octave

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2015 @ 06:05 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
euphoniousmusic - 29 December 2015 05:32 PM

Have the same problem, some time I opened the device (out of warranty) and closed it, the problem is gone. Then I am out of town for a couple of months and back, the problem continues.

Opened it again, updated firmware now, but no change. Unusually loud sound whenever G3 key is pressed with C4 already on, on every octave

It’s probably due to a somewhat corroded internal connection, especially likely if you live in an area with high humidity.

Reseating internal cables can sometimes resolve the problem for a while.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Mic for vocoder-suggestions....
Next Topic:

Part Mute and Scene in Song vs Pattern ››