mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Unwanted Delay"

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 01:03 PM
Steve Pas
Total Posts:  87
Joined  02-29-2008

Greetings all,
My 7 year old MO8 has developed an interesting quirk that I have been unable to pin down.  Many of the voices now seem to have a type of slap back delay that I have not deliberately dialed in.  This unwanted effect may be also present in some of my custom performances.

I have tried to see if it is related to the master effect (such as is the master effect always stuck in the on position)and it doesn’t seem to come from that section.

I have tried loading the most recent all file before this started happening (with system settings) and that has not removed this delay effect.

I guess my next option will be to try a factory reset to see if the delay then disappears.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to pin down where this unwanted effect now resides it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Steve Pas

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 01:11 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Are you connected to a DAW or does this happen when the instrument is being played by itself. Also, does it happen on headphones and not via the audio outs, or both? These should rule out/in whether your problem is connection-orientated or an internal issue.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 01:22 PM
Steve Pas
Joined  02-29-2008

Instrument alone.  I haven’t thought about listening through the headphone jack.  I’ll try that tonight when I get home and report back.  Thanks for looking in.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 09:53 PM
Steve Pas
Joined  02-29-2008

You were right on this one, Mr. Motif.  I didn’t even have to listen through my cans since one of my monitor cables was plugged into the headphone jack. Problem solved, my way bad.  Thanks for getting me to look at my cable mismanagement which may have gone on for a few more weeks if you hadn’t steered me back there.

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FC7 Fade in/out sustain issue
Next Topic:

Recording Arps to a Song ››