mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Born From Above"

Posted on: August 24, 2015 @ 10:41 PM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoCfJlWWsuU

As always comments welcome!

Blessings!

johnb

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 11:34 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Tightly written and recorded, nice job! Personally I’d have put the oboe solo in the middle of the song to provide some contrast to the vocals but it works well at the end… maybe as well? The chord structure and harmony are well crafted and pleasing to listen to and the keyboard playing is ‘complex’ and interesting without being too fiddly. Obviously in a song like this the words are paramount and the idea is succinctly expressed. How long did this take to record and did you use Motif sequencing in addition to DAW or just DAW?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 01:09 PM
Gumby1240
Total Posts:  45
Joined  09-13-2014

Wow! Thanks for the very kind comments!

The oboe solo was more of an afterthought. Originally it was a guitar vamp fadeout. But I didn’t like the feel - I settled on the oboe doing an old hymn and it turned into a much longer section. But I wanted to bring the song under 5 minutes. So I forced the fadeout. I have a tendency to be very long winded. So in a lot of ways - I’m not very satisfied with that section. But I just wanted to get it done!

I’ll definitely consider doing a solo break in upcoming songs. 

It’s embarassing - to say how long it took to do the recording! I am very, very slow. My skills have greatly deteriorated over the years. My voice has all sorts of problems. So I have to do multiple takes and fixes.

All the sequencing was done on Cubase AI7. The only time I use the MOXF internal sequencer now is when I want to record arps. The computer based DAW is just too easy - much more intuitive and flexible. 

Again thanks for the comments!

God bless

johnb

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Song - What Went Wrong? (One More Chance)
Next Topic:

High Line Park (100% Motif) ››