mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song Master Volume"

Posted on: August 22, 2015 @ 09:56 AM
vincentj46
Total Posts:  29
Joined  11-20-2010

Is there a way to adjust the overall/master volume of a song mix without have to remix the whole thing? I just want to get all my mix volumes closer together.
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2015 @ 06:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Do your song mixes currently use Master EQ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2015 @ 06:30 AM
vincentj46
Joined  11-20-2010

sometimes, mostly not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 24, 2015 @ 10:21 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

The Master EQ can be used to change overall Song levels. See the XS Owner’s Manual, [SF3] MasterEQ on pages 234 and 146 for details. If the goal is to only change the level without significantly affecting frequency response, set Shape for shelving ("shelv"), set the three ”Q” settings to 0.1 (minimizes peaks and dips), and raise or lower Gains for uniform output. Try to keep the display showing as flat a response as possible, unless equalization is actually needed.

Master EQ settings in Mixing mode affect only the specific Song (or Pattern). Similar settings can be applied per Performance. Master EQ settings in Songs, Patterns, and Performances will carry over to Masters they’re associated with. For Voice mode, Master EQ can be applied globally via Utility mode - see page 264 of the manual.

I’ve attached examples of Master EQ settings that provide level boost/cut. There’s one for about 4 to 5 dB boost, 6 to 7 dB boost, and 4 to 5 dB cut - that’s based on the LCD display. They appear to produce a relatively flat frequency response, but I have not done a spectrum analysis to verify that. If anyone does so, please let us know what you determine.

Image Attachments
Master EQ level change.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 07:06 PM
vincentj46
Joined  11-20-2010

I’ll try it, actually the EQ was my first thought after not finding a master vol for the mix. The lack of the master vol the only complaint I have with my XS...not bad. Thanks for your time, really appeciate it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2015 @ 09:50 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
vincentj46 - 25 August 2015 07:06 PM

I’ll try it, actually the EQ was my first thought after not finding a master vol for the mix. The lack of the master vol the only complaint I have with my XS...not bad. Thanks for your time, really appeciate it.

You’re welcome.

Since you might need to boost or cut only a few dB, I’ve been experimenting a bit, and came up with settings that seem to work for about a 2 to 3 dB boost and cut. They look flat on the display. See attachment.

Image Attachments
Master EQ level change 2.gif
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 26, 2015 @ 01:45 AM
papaphoenix
Total Posts:  1614
Joined  03-09-2004

Hi, i’m using the VCM Compressor as Master FX with a low ratio and short release, like you hve input and ouput volume settings, it can help also.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Importing wav files to Motif XS
Next Topic:

Midi Events to stop song automatically ››