mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Preserving voice effects in multi mode?"

Posted on: August 17, 2015 @ 09:29 PM
benonemusic
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-03-2015

Hi,
I hope everyone is doing well.

I would like to use several voices in a single multi. To the greatest extent possible, I would like the voices to have the same effects in the multi as they did individually.

Would this only be possible if each voice has identical system effects?

Thank you!

Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2015 @ 10:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Only up to four Parts (Voices) of a Multi can have Insertion Effects applied at a time. See page 50 of the Owner’s Manual - it explains how to choose which Parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2015 @ 10:51 PM
benonemusic
Joined  07-03-2015

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 17, 2015 @ 11:43 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

I’ve a bit of head scratching here. Recent posts from Ben have been in regards to the Rack XS. If this is the case, up to 8 insertion effects apply to a Multi. Perhaps we can confirm which unit he is addressing, Motif Rack or Rack XS?

Stone

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2015 @ 12:30 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
stoneb3 - 17 August 2015 11:43 PM

I’ve a bit of head scratching here. Recent posts from Ben have been in regards to the Rack XS. If this is the case, up to 8 insertion effects apply to a Multi. Perhaps we can confirm which unit he is addressing, Motif Rack or Rack XS?

Stone

Good observation. His profile indicates the Rack XS. In that case, neither the PDF he linked to, nor the page reference I gave in the manual, apply.

I’m noticing an increasing number of posts to the “wrong” forum lately - or maybe I’m just becoming sensitized to it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2015 @ 07:59 AM
benonemusic
Joined  07-03-2015

Hi guys,
Yes, I definitely meant to post this in the Rack XS forum. My apologies. I’m very sorry for the confusion. Is there a way for me to put this in the right forum? I’ve updated my original post to remove some of the confusion.
Ben

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2015 @ 11:07 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Only moderators can move posts/threads. Let’s address this here, now that which model we’re discussing has been determined.

As stoneb3 mentioned, the Rack XS can have up to eight Parts with Insertion Effects applied at a time. See Ins Effect Sw on page 97 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual for how to select which ones.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2015 @ 01:07 PM
benonemusic
Joined  07-03-2015

This is wonderful information. I see it in the Rack XS manual. Thanks again.

If a voice’s insert effects are selected in a multi, would the only thing that could make a voice sound different in multi mode be a difference between the master effect in the voice and multi modes?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2015 @ 01:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
benonemusic - 18 August 2015 01:07 PM

This is wonderful information. I see it in the Rack XS manual. Thanks again.

You’re welcome.

benonemusic -

If a voice’s insert effects are selected in a multi, would the only thing that could make a voice sound different in multi mode be a difference between the master effect in the voice and multi modes?

In terms of effects, the System Effects settings will make a difference.

Also, there are several Voice Parameters that are optionally copied to the Part in a Multi. It depends on whether “Parameter with Voice” is turned on before the Voice is selected. See Param. with Voice on page 94 of the Rack XS Owner’s Manual.
If you turn on Parameter with Voice after selecting the Voice, it won’t work - select another Voice, reselect the one you want, and it will function correctly.

[ Ignore ]