mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "No Sound from ES after power spike :("

Posted on: August 06, 2015 @ 03:14 AM
Jesse_ES7
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-29-2015

Hi Everyone,

hope yall doing good.

Please give me some advice as to what the problem could be… my ES got power spiked so I had a new power supply unit fitted and it works but I don’t have any sound coming out from any of the outputs.

Any ideas on what it could be??

I’d really appreciate the feedback.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 06, 2015 @ 11:38 AM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

Does it show the sounds on the display?  Does it show anything at all?  May need a reload of factory sounds or maybe try a factory reset. 

Can you give a bit more information?

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2015 @ 09:05 AM
Jesse_ES7
Joined  05-29-2015

Thanks for the reply Kenny.

I just got off the phone with the repair centre and they say that the keyboard switches on fine. Yesterday when they installed the new power supply unit, it reloaded sounds everything on the first start-up (like a factory reset).

The technician says that all buttons are working fine as well as keys but they just don’t get sound…

could it be on the main circuit board? or, could it be the circuit board unit where you connect your output, input, phones jacks itself?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2015 @ 12:10 PM
KMKKEYS
Total Posts:  141
Joined  02-16-2009

It could be almost anything.  I would personally bring it back to the same technician and allow him to further assess the problems that you are having.

Just because it starts up doesn’t automatically means it is functioning correctly.

For example:  I have an old Roland U-220 for which the internal battery died.  I replaced the battery only to not have the sounds work similar to your issue.

Fortunately, I was able to load the sounds and rectify the problem on my own.  Your problem may be similar, but I would let the technician handle it since you already had it at the shop.  In my opinion, he should have made sure that the unit was completely functional before it left his workbench.  Just sayin’!!!

Good luck,

Kenny

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 11, 2015 @ 04:56 AM
Jesse_ES7
Joined  05-29-2015

Hi....just an update.

After 5 months at the repair centre, I finally received my ES7 back.

They had to replace the power supply board (imported from Japan) and replace the DAC’s.

Now I can enjoy my keyboard again! :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Did I pay too much for my Motif ES6?
Next Topic:

RAM sample memory not working?? ››