mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha CP 5 to Moxf"

Posted on: July 30, 2015 @ 09:56 AM
tomcro
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-10-2015

I have a Yamaha CP5 with a couple of wonderful internal Rhodes sounds. Is it possible
to get them for my Yamaha MOXF 8. I have bought some sounds like, Chicks mk V and Jamals sounds
to my MOXF 8, but i would like to have the CP 5 sounds, as well.

I still think that the CP 5 is the best stage piano on the market. The CP4 can’t compete
I have tested pianos from Roland, Kawai etc. Yamaha have the best pianos/synths.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2015 @ 09:09 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

The CP5 employs what Yamaha calls Spectral Component Modeling and they describe it as a mix of various “blocks” or constituent parts of the final sound - the piano block, the modulation effect block, and the power-amplifier / compressor block. By mixing, matching and adjusting these you can then simulate many different piano types, amplifiers, effects and other elements.

In other words the CP5 has particular features that help in the creation of specifically ‘piano’ type sounds. MOXF does not. Given the fact that the CP5’s ‘sound’ comes courtesy not only of the basic tone generator (which it does have in common with the ‘Motif’ range) but also additional processing and processors, it’s not going to be possible to replicate CP5 sounds on a MOXF because it’s not just a matter of tone generation.

If you are looking for new and interesting electric pianos, a new sample library is on the point of being released here in The Shop so keep a look out for that!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2015 @ 06:08 AM
tomcro
Total Posts:  4
Joined  02-10-2015

Thanks a lot for your answer

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Which VST3 to use with Sonar?
Next Topic:

Syncing with Logic ››