mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Second keyboard via MIDI in layer mode"

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 11:09 AM
WhiteEagle
Total Posts:  3
Joined  07-28-2015

Hi,

Is there any possibility to layer 2 sounds but to operate one of them on MOX8 and the other on external MIDI controller? How about spliting?

Thanks in advance,

BR,
Marcin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 28, 2015 @ 12:52 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
WhiteEagle - 28 July 2015 11:09 AM

Hi,

Is there any possibility to layer 2 sounds but to operate one of them on MOX8 and the other on external MIDI controller? How about spliting?

Thanks in advance,

BR,
Marcin

Yes, if the layered/split Voices are Parts in a Song/Pattern Mixing, and with proper assignment of MIDI Transmit and Receive Channels.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2015 @ 05:04 AM
pomodei
Total Posts:  53
Joined  12-31-2013
WhiteEagle - 28 July 2015 11:09 AM

Hi,

Thanks in advance,

BR,
Marcin

It’s exactly the setup I use.

The starting point is here (click).

I have:
- connected a MIDI master to the IN MIDI port of my MOX,
- defined the sounds to use in three /four mixing (see the article)
- set the MASTER to transmit to a specific MIDI channel (i.e. to play a specific sound)

When you select the “track” (mixing play mode of the mox), you change the sound played by the MOX.

Hope this helps.

Ciao

Pino, Italy

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2015 @ 08:19 PM
bevburn
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-18-2012

I am currently working on the same thing....

For example ....Using the song mode or pattern mode in this particular case I used the pattern mode..

I wanted the moxf to play a dedicated piano sound while my juno gi plays a split of bass on the left hand and horns in the right and I wanted to also be able to switch from that sound on the juno to having still bass in left but a guitar in the right…

So although I know there may be other ways to do it I simply use different midi channels on the juno to get the desired result…

The moxf plays piano on channel 1. I have the bass in channel 2 with the upper limit set say to c-4. The horns i have on track 3 but keep its midi channel to (2) with its lower limit set to c-4.(this is my split)

Now by changing the transmit channel of the Juno gi to 2 I am now playing a bass guitar in my left hand while having horns on the right…

Keeping the mox on channel one and track 1 allows me to play the dedicated piano…

One little draw back that i have noticed is when I want to adjust volume on track 3 I have to select it which cuts off the sound as track 3 is se t to respond to midi channel 2.. I may need some help with that..

To get the guitar sound on the moxf to respond to the juno I simply set it to midi channel 4 and when I want the juno to play that sound I simply switch its midi channel to 4… \

So im switching sounds simply by changing midi channel on the juno gi…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 29, 2015 @ 08:23 PM
bevburn
Total Posts:  18
Joined  07-18-2012

Just clarfying that all the sounds coming form the moxf and the juno gi only as controller on midi channel 2…

[ Ignore ]