mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How i can edit Drum Kit Voices in the Sequencer modes ?"

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 03:55 PM
keymatrix
Total Posts:  30
Joined  02-20-2015

Hello everyone!

I know that in the SONG mode I can edit any voice with combination of buttons SONG - MIX - VCE EDIT...But i not see VCE EDIT button, wnen i have DRUM track!( I read the article “What is a Drum Voice and how is it different from a Normal Voice?” In this article says that ... “Drum Key edits and assignments are accomplished in VOICE mode (or while you working in the Sequencer modes).” And that means that editing Drums in sequencer mode is possible! But how? Help please!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 04:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
keymatrix - 21 July 2015 03:55 PM

[...]In this article says that ... “Drum Key edits and assignments are accomplished in VOICE mode (or while you working in the Sequencer modes).” [...]

Please post a link to the article.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 04:31 PM
keymatrix
Joined  02-20-2015

please - https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=338:what-is-a-drum-voice

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 05:29 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

Drums can be edited in sequencer modes (Song/Pattern) on the Motif XF, and on the XS since the version 1.60 OS update.

However, as far as I know, that can’t be done on the MOX or MOXF.

If anyone knows otherwise, please enlighten us.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 05:40 PM
keymatrix
Joined  02-20-2015

I not understand! If i can edit Drums in Voice Mode in MOXF, why i can’t edit like Voice in sequencer ?  I not understand!( It’s very hard to edit drums into song! Each time, when i need to edit, i must save song and go to Voices… from Voices i must edit Drum Set and after i must save edited Drums to User Drum Set, and after i must return to Song… And if i need to change sound of Drums after 5 minutes, i must repeat all operations again! It’s crazy!((

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 05:54 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keymatrix - 21 July 2015 05:40 PM

I not understand! If i can edit Drums in Voice Mode in MOXF, why i can’t edit like Voice in sequencer ?  I not understand!( It’s very hard to edit drums into song! Each time, when i need to edit, i must save song and go to Voices… from Voices i must edit Drum Set and after i must save edited Drums to User Drum Set, and after i must return to Song… And if i need to change sound of Drums after 5 minutes, i must repeat all operations again! It’s crazy!((

How many of the drum sounds from a kit do you typically use in a Song?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2015 @ 04:54 AM
keymatrix
Joined  02-20-2015

There are different songs .. some I have to use 2-3 drum kit and percussion sets 2-3… Of course, I can build my individual User Drum Set what I want before go to sequencer… But in most cases I don’t know in advance what sound of Drums I will need!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2015 @ 05:25 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
keymatrix - 22 July 2015 04:54 AM

There are different songs .. some I have to use 2-3 drum kit and percussion sets 2-3… Of course, I can build my individual User Drum Set what I want before go to sequencer… But in most cases I don’t know in advance what sound of Drums I will need!

That doesn’t answer my question.

How many individual drum/percussion sounds (not kits) do you use in a typical Song?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2015 @ 07:03 AM
rhuff
Total Posts:  34
Joined  04-23-2012
5pinDIN - 21 July 2015 05:29 PM

Drums can be edited in sequencer modes (Song/Pattern) on the Motif XF, and on the XS since the version 1.60 OS update.

OK, that was unexpected, but you’re right.  To confirm, on my MOXF, when I navigate to SONG/MIXING mode all of my normal voices have a VCE ED> button.  When I select a drum voice, the VCE ED> button goes away.  That does not happen on my MOTIF XS.  I’m on 1.10.2 firmware.  That’s really odd.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 22, 2015 @ 08:07 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
rhuff - 22 July 2015 07:03 AM
5pinDIN - 21 July 2015 05:29 PM

OK, that was unexpected, but you’re right.  To confirm, on my MOXF, when I navigate to SONG/MIXING mode all of my normal voices have a VCE ED> button.  When I select a drum voice, the VCE ED> button goes away.  That does not happen on my MOTIF XS.  I’m on 1.10.2 firmware.  That’s really odd.

There are some obvious differences between the MOX/MOXF and Motif XS/XF, and some which are less so. It would appear that, not surprisingly, compromises were made to reduce cost. You get a substantial amount of the Motif functionality with the MOX/MOXF, but obviously not all of it.

[ Ignore ]