mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I need some help converting a change in a Song Key to a SMF."

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 12:45 AM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Hi Guys :)

What I’ve been doing is Saving a Song as a SMF, bringing that SMF to Logic Pro X (LPX) and Importing it to a LPX Song.

When I do this, it puts those SMF’s on four separate Tracks and I then delete all the Tracks except the Drums and Bass.

This I know how to do perfectly!!!!!!!!!

However :)

The Song I want to save as a SMF and Import it into LPX is in C# and I want to Transpose the Song to D.

I do that by going to the Song and Transposing it up one semitone, This I know how to do perfectly as well!!!!!!!!

However :)

When I save the Transposed Song as a SMF and Import it into LPX, the Bass is still playing in C#.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 12:54 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Have you tried doing the transposition track by track? Assuming you won’t want to be transposing the drum track this might be a safer method anyhow. You could also do the transposition once you’re in Logic, no?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 01:04 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Hi MrMotif, how ya’ been?

In this particular case I want to copy and paste certain sections of the C# Bass into the completed Song in D.

I only know how to Transpose a entire Track, not just Sections, so I tried that already.

That being said, if I knew more, it could probably be done :)

Regardless, I’ll go try Transposing just the Bass Track on the Song right now and see if that works.

Thanks and be right back,

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 01:12 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Hold the Presses!!

How do you Transpose just one Track in a Song :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 01:50 AM
DHTech
Total Posts:  62
Joined  11-20-2014

You could transpose the track by highlighting all the notes in piano roll and drag it down an octave, or use the transpose setting in the track information box on the left.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 02:39 AM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

Hi DHTech :)

So the way to Transpose Sections on the LPX Track is by highlighting the Section I want to Transpose and the Transpose Function in the Inspector will affect only that Section?

Thanks,

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2015 @ 02:19 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
jerrydpi - 21 July 2015 01:12 AM

Hold the Presses!!

How do you Transpose just one Track in a Song :)

Just so I’ll know how to do it :)

Jerry

[ Ignore ]