mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Single note on keyboard not producing any sound"

Page 4 of 4
Posted on: December 17, 2015 @ 10:56 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
ecap12 - 17 December 2015 02:58 AM

Right, sorry about that. Thanks for the link, got the part and it’s on it’s way. Very reasonable price for the part and only $7.95 for shipping, with tax the total was $52.64. Getting excited to get my Motif back in business!

OK. The shipping charge is surprisingly low. Please let us know how everything goes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2015 @ 10:13 PM
ecap12
Total Posts:  11
Joined  08-09-2015

Ok so the PC board came in and I brought my MOTIF and the PC board to a technician named Val and he switched out the PC boards, did a great job and super fast, and it completely solved the problem. Now there is just one new thing happening, which I noticed before I brought the board in, which is the very bottom note on the keyboard (bottom octave C) is acting up. Every now and then when you play the note, it will sound at maximum velocity even if you play it lightly… I’m wondering if that’s an issue with the key contacts seeing as how fixing the PC board totally solved the problem with the notes that weren’t sounding, but didn’t effect the bottom C’s velocity problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2015 @ 06:10 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Since the intermittent velocity at the particular C key existed before changing the MK61L board, it’s certainly possible that the contact strip has a problem at that location. Gentle cleaning of the contact buttons often resolves this sort of thing, but since I believe you previously did that, the strip might need replacement.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 4 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Live set up - follow up questions
Next Topic:

MOX Control Templates - Any New Ones? ››