mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sustain Pedal recognition"

Posted on: June 25, 2015 @ 11:04 AM
tomob419
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-25-2015

Hi Gang,
I’m a new user here, but an old user at the S90. Recently my sustain pedal stopped working.  Thinking it was the pedal, I bought a new one that I’m positive interfaces correctly with the keyboard. It still doesn’t respond.  I’ve done a factory reset with no luck.  Any suggestions?
Thanks
Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2015 @ 11:30 AM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi there and welcome!

It could be something as simple as the connection (jack socket) on your instrument, especially if it is somewhat elderly. Maybe it needs a bit of a clean? Alternatively, you might have changed an internal setting, though you say you’ve done a factory set so that’s not it. When you say your pedals are ‘not working’ do you mean literally nothing happens, or do they function strangely (sustaining when not pressed / not sustaining when pressed, etc?)

You sound like an experienced player but I’m assuming you have double checked you are using the correct input? I will admit there have been times I’ve inadvertently connected to the wrong input - in my defense because the rear panels on many Yamaha keyboards seem to be quite hard to access from the front and if you have your instrument stored in such a way as moving it or getting behind it is a problem…

Things to check but my first thought is a bad connection on the keyboard itself. If cleaning doesn’t fix then you may need to find a repair facility and get it checked out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: June 25, 2015 @ 01:00 PM
tomob419
Total Posts:  3
Joined  06-25-2015

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, MrMotif.  I took your advice but it appears that I may need to bring the keyboard to a repair shop.  It’s about 15 years old now, so, maybe it’s that time.  And to clear-up, the pedal has zero effect on the piano.  So it’s not a polarity issue.  Lame!
Tom

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Retrieve factory performance without resetting?
Next Topic:

The XS audio ››